Anybody had to change shoe size?

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi!!!

As you might all know by now, I have swollen feet and legs. But what is the most annoying is that I do not fit into my shoes anymore and struggle to get into some sandals, even my slippers are too tight!!!!!!

Any advice on how not to change shoe size or do I have to buy a new pair of shoes not knowing how long they are going to fit me for?

thanks,
Nath

Hi,

I read in my baby magazine that 90% of pregnant women grow 1 shoe size!!
its odd i think!!

Must admit i have gone from a 6 to a 7, just for comfort

Try and buy canvas style shoes, they stretch with your feet. i had swelling towards the ens with Amy and my feet couldn't fit into slippers and i couldn't walk, got it all to come again!!!

Silly me!! :D

I went from a 5 to a 6 during my first pregnancy and have never been a 5 since!!

Speaking of feet, is it true that the smaller your feet are, the harder birth is!!!? :shock: Please tell me it isnt, i have size 3 well did have till i was pregnant now they look more like caveman feet as they are wider now!!!

Natalie x

newbump said:
Speaking of feet, is it true that the smaller your feet are, the harder birth is!!!? :shock: Please tell me it isnt, i have size 3 well did have till i was pregnant now they look more like caveman feet as they are wider now!!!

Natalie x

Foot size and height relate to the size of your pelvis, so women with larger pelvises (sp?) may find it easier at the time of birth, but women tend to give birth to babies in relation to their size.

I have grwon from a size 8 to a size 9. I refuse to buy size nine shoes so Im wearing sandles that are like a flip flop design, they are mambo ones so they are really cushioned and stretchy

I read that in pregnancy most women go up half a shoe size, if not a whole size, and that your feet do not normally go back afterwards either :shock: - I'd never heard of this till today when I got one of my 'pregnancy weekly' updates for week 19 of pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back