Anybody experienced this??

Katec87

Reaction score
Bit of backstory: lmp 4/4/16, positive test on 13/5/16, early scan on 13/6 (should have been 10w) showed no pole, no yolk and blighted ovum was decided, length of sac was 20mm. Had to go for second scan 27/6 where they said sac had grown to 27mm and there was now a yolk but no pole. Wouldn't do d&c as it had grown, even though not viable.
Yesterday I started bleeding really bad having terrible pains like contractions (have a 4yo so I know what they feel like!) was filling pads up within 15 minutes, flooding everywhere, nearly passed out and couldn't stand up with the pain.
Phoned a&e and they said to go straight in, the pain in the car was horrendous. When the Dr finally came round and said he needed to check the bleeding, asked me to go to the loo to check it so I did. As I walked back on to the ward I felt something come out, he took it out and it was the baby. What they had measured as 27mm and unviable actually measured 60-70mm and was 12-13 weeks along. Exactly where I should have been. The dr said its no wonder they felt like contractions as I had gone in to labour because of the size of it. Also said that there was definitely 'fetal matter' in it.
I really don't know what to think and wondered if anyone else had experience the same/similar?

Last edited:
First of all so sorry for your loss. I had a very similar mc to you found at 10 weeks an empty sac but after a heavy bleed at 11 weeks I was scanned and there was something small visible so because of growth they wouldn't do a d&c even though I was positive it wasn't to be. The next evening I was off to A&E again losing loads of blood and nearly passing out as my BP dropped dangerously low. The doctor had to remove tissue but she never talked to me about what was found so I can't comment there. I think this mc has hit me harder as the first one I had was definitely a blighted ovum which I found easier to deal with as a baby hadn't grown but this time after seeing a small dot on the screen it's felt worse but I'm getting there. I don't know how they have gotten it so wrong at your scan that's quite a difference in size but I guess that's why they wait and rescan loads until they are positive. I'm sorry it wasn't a better outcome for you though take care of yourself xx

Soo sorry for your loss :( i have been to the hospital today and my baby is in the sac and heartbeat and everything fine but my sac growth is measuring 2 weeks behind my baby. The nurse told me that she has had 2 of these cases, 1 where the sac caught up and another where it didnt and there was no room for the baby meaning the baby would be miscarried. I have to wait 2 weeks to find out and im really not coping at all. Can anyone help please??

I am really sorry to hear that Lara Lou :( Fingers crossed that your sac catches up and your baby is fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back