Anybody else feel like this??

Colleen1988

Reaction score
So ive only got 2 weeks left of maternity leave :(

My LO will be nearly 6 month old, he's already been going to childminder once a week for half a day since he was 3 month as I wanted him to know her, her to know him and to put my mind at ease that he will be happy with her, which he is and she's amazing!

Everytime I think about going back and leaving him I well up :( it's me getting desperation anxiety not him lol.

Don't really need advice just wondering if anyone else went back to work after 6 month? Did you cope well? Did your baby cope well?

Im a nurse so I work shifts, some weeks I'll be off with him 4 days a week sometimes only 2 etc, some days I won't see him at all as we can do long days. Im getting so nervous now!

I feel for you, it's one of the hardest things ever! My dd was 7 months when I went back. It's amazing how quickly you get back into the swing of it and actually work is a rest for me. I always make sure whoever has her sends me pics and videos during the day to cheer me up at work. Try to not focus too much and enjoy the time you have left tho x

That's the worst part... Im a prison nurse so we can't have our phones on us, and im used to the childminder sending me texts every hour updating me lol.

I feel like 6 month is to soon to go back but we've just bought a new house and have the mortgage and bills to pay so needs must.

Thanks for your reply :) xxx

Hey, I went back to work at 5/6 months with my lb, it was hard but I'm self employed and I had really stretched maternity leave as it was, needed to get the business going again. This time around I'll be lucky if I get 4 months which sucks and as I get closer to finishing work it does make me sad but I'm not able to have the time and provide for my family- I just make sure that I have a day off a week in the week with my son, and will do same with baby when I go back, and we always have a fun day, go out and have experiences weather it's to a big book shop to sit and read books together just 121 or to a zoo or farm or something. I also make sure I do bedtime at least three times a week and we have our weekends together- it's a compromise I have had to make to provide but I do struggle with it sometimes and have to force myself to see the benefits and make all the moments we have together as special and fun as possible. Hope this helps in some way, if nothing else , to know your not alone

Aww that's a really good idea hun thanks :) some weeks I work the weekend which means I get 3 days off with him in the week so im going to make sure those days are special mummy and baby days. I don't know how daddys Cope hardly being there :( xxx

I'm due back in March when my lg is 9 months and I'm dreading it so much- having nightmares, crying if I think about it too much!! Didn't think it'd feel this bad!! I'm a teacher so although I do have to work in the hols (yep we do!) I'm grateful I do get so much time with her over summer x

My son is 6 months in Friday and I'm back to work on Monday. I work shifts so there will always be either myself or hubby at home with the kids. Will be strange going back as I'm used to spending all day with my kiddies xx

Me to, im haed to spendibg all my days with him so I can't imagine not being with him... Im worried we will lose that bond we have :( xxx

From my experience we didn't loose our bond and I personally don't think it's something that can happen, your baby is part of you and your bonded together for life, it's the quality of time you have with one another not the quantity in my view- this drives my hubby insane but I refuse to do housework or washing or crappy jobs when it's our special day and that waits till work days to fit in, even if it's just spending the day making a pan drum kit in the kitchen or playing tents in the garden, and having a picnic or something daft, it's hrad but as mummy's we must have confidence in ourselves that the choices we make are for the best, other wise we would be wracked with guilt and worry and not be the best mummies we can be - just my thoughts x

No body Else will tell me the choices I make are right, so I tell myself and I have confidence in them

Hope that makes sense, just my way of not turning myself into a worrier all the time

Lol no I totally get you, I won't be spending my days off cleaning when I can be spending time with my LO! Im sure they will appreciate that we went to work when they are wearing nice clothes, living in a nice house and going on nice holifays lol xxx

U will not loose your bond. I went back to work when my daughter was 6 months old as well. Seeing her wee face light up when I came in from work or the next morning if I was working late was amazing!

I always remember my mum & dad working and I've always been super close with them.

That taught me that in order to have nice things/holidays etc you need to work for them. And hopefully I will teach my children the same xxx

Yeah I hope that isaac will see how hard me and his dad work to provide the best for him, and I hope that will teach him a work ethic :) he's my first baby so I have no idea what it's going to be like leaving him! Im sure I'll be fine once I gewt into it, it's just the run up to it is getting to me xxx

Not going to lie the first day is really hard but once that's over with it gets easier. A very small part of me is looking forward to going back - will be able to drink a coffee while it's hot! Lol xx

My first day back is only 10-2, easing me in slowly for the first 3 weeks! Then it's on to the rota but I'm hoping by 3 weeks I'll have settled in and isaac will settled with his childminder! I am looking forward to going back it's just the unknown of how im going to cope and what it's going to be like! some adult conversation and hot brews will be nice though lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back