Any ttc'ers getting married? Logistics!

LynneK

Reaction score
Hi girls!

Title says it all, I literally booked my wedding yday, absolutely cannot wait, I'm so excited!

However....we r trying, and I mean everything to convince. I was jut wondering if anyone else is in the same position? How will I work it out logistically of I'm getting married (abroad) in 12 months? Obv can't fly near the end, can I fly half way through? Straight after? Will need to time this one to perfection!!

I'm in my tww at the mo, but to be honest feel nothing, and I could put money on not being pregnant so I'm forward thinking to next month!! X

When I had my mc I looked up re flying as I'm going to Thailand in 4 weeks time and it would have made me 17 weeks pg u can fly upto 28 weeks I think and I suppose with after you have given birth it depends on how it has all gone etc how exciting 4 you tho! Congratulations something else to look forward to! Xxx

I think different airlines have difference policies as its all insurance based but I think 7 months is probs the max xx

Thanks girls! I'm so excited but am a bit concerned that after all these months I bfn's it'll happen on sept which will be nine months exactly! X

You'll have to make the decision as to whether you hold off TTC for the few months that would cause problems or postpone the wedding if too far gone to fly. Personally, I would just continue to TTC and postpone the wedding because a wedding is easier to get than a bfp!!!! Just make sure you only pay the minimum deposits for things as you go along so that you don't lose more money than needed if you need to cancel/postpone.

I got married last Saturday :). I came off the pill 2 and abit years ago and we weren't trying- just not being careful lol as If it happened it happened. But as soon as it got to the 9 month mark we were careful as I didn't want to be in labour ok my wedding day- plus I had just for my dress! But then when it came to 3 month before the wedding we started trying properly! Hasn't happened yet tho but hoping it will soon :) x

My friends 23 weeks and just flew from oz to UK u can't fly in 3 red trimester so I was told x good luck and congratulations x

We didn't try when we were nearing the wedding, although that was more my dress than anything else. For abroad I would say maybe stop trying in the months that will mean you will till be pregnant within your third tri for your wedding.

Hi chick meeting with my parents about having the wedding endnof this year amd my.oh said its a sacrifice to make if we want a baby and a wedding risking being pregnant :) something im happy to do xxx

I would just wait and see hun. Then you can book it or delay it etc. Fingers crossed for you hun and congrats on getting married. I got married 7 weeks ago, was most amazing day. Also have fun ttc :) xxxx

As a lot of family and friends are coming I think what ill have to do is actively try not to nearer the tri 3 stage. September is exactly 9 months from the wedding so of we tried til early aug, stopped til jan then tried from jan that would work. It's just so hard, stopping trying when we've been trying so long. But I couldn't postpone or cancel if more than 20ppl r going and using it as their summer holiday, I would feel so guilty!

Oh the trials and tribulations of babies and weddings!! X

I am getting married on Saturday and I will be just over 12 weeks pregnant, the downsides have been that we don't know if all is OK yet have booked a honeymoon in mexico costing 1000 punds each which could all go down the drain and my wedding dress does not fit as I look more like 4 months pregnant! Also my scan is on Thursday so if its bad news im not sure we'll have the happiest wedding day!

However, all that said, I couldn't care less :) It is worth every stress and every hassle and every worry and even worth loosing 2000 quid to have my baby.

The lady in the wedding dress shop said this is happening more and more these days because people are trying not to leave it too late before starting to try in case they have problems and because they are usually focusing on planning a wedding, they are all getting pregnant almost straight away. how tru this is I don't know but on the day I went in to have emergency fitting to my dress (1 week before wedding) she had had 5 brides on the phone with the same problem that morning alone!!!

The only thing I will say is that you are going to struggle to pick a dress if your constantly getting bigger unless you go for a "greek style" that would compliment bump nicely!

Hope that helps x

Hiya Congratulations :)

We have been actively trying for 15 months and have just got engaged with the hope of getting married next september,

I think that we have said that if it hasnt happened nearer the end of the summer we may hold off just for a few months, as I would take being pregnant on my wedding day whatever, its just didnt want to have fallen and just given birth weeks before the wedding

but I will plan around it all if we are lucky enough to fall

Most airlines have a restriction on the further into your pregnancy you are so you will need to check that out with them :) good luck xxx

Good Luck with the wedding and TTC! Where you planning getting married :) how exciting! I think as someone said it depends on Airlines. They each have different policies. My only advice if you did get pregnant would be to check and get it in writing from the airline AND the important part... Be careful with travel insurance. Most policies say in the very small print that pregnant women are only covered up till there 24th week of pregnancy!!!!!xxx

I flew when I was 32 weeks pregnant had to get a doctors fit to fly letter.

It was very uncomfortable and I was really travel sick when I'm not usually but I was fine!!

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Okay :), ill have a look into everything! Thanks girls! Lots of food for thought!
I suppose it's not so much us,I just know that if we did fall and everyone had booked up then I would feel very guilty! If w don't fall by August I might suggest to OH to put it on hold til a couple of months before the wedding, but he hates condoms and I won't b going back on the pill so it'll be a laugh to see who caves first! Xx

I suppose you could just try to avoid obv times?xxx

I will do! Don't think we could go without! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back