Any tips for early scans?

Alma1234

Reaction score
I hope you’re well I have a question as I googled loads but couldn’t find a conclusion. I’m 5+1 and have an early scan booked in for 6+4 with a gyn.. they charge £430 for scan and consultation.. I find this quite steep tbh. I’m from Central Europe where one goes to a gyn once a year and gets a Scan, smear, breast check and consultation in total for £250 or less..but maybe I’m a little spoiled from there ‍♀️

now my questions:
Is 6+4 too early or would you wait? (I’m slightly worried as I have no symptoms whatsoever)
Is it worth going to the gyn and pay 430?
Do you know if any alternatives?

thank you so much!!

I hope you’re well I have a question as I googled loads but couldn’t find a conclusion. I’m 5+1 and have an early scan booked in for 6+4 with a gyn.. they charge £430 for scan and consultation.. I find this quite steep tbh. I’m from Central Europe where one goes to a gyn once a year and gets a Scan, smear, breast check and consultation in total for £250 or less..but maybe I’m a little spoiled from there ‍♀️

now my questions:
Is 6+4 too early or would you wait? (I’m slightly worried as I have no symptoms whatsoever)
Is it worth going to the gyn and pay 430?
Do you know if any alternatives?

thank you so much!!

The price does seem pretty steep yes but I guess it depends where you are and which clinic you attend. at 6+4 you should see a wotsit/cheeto crisp shape with a flickering pulse where the heart is. BUT! when you are early it's common to not see anything especially if you are a little earlier than expected so you may need to go back 2 weeks later. I hope everything goes ok at your scan let us know how you get on ☺️

You’re using the £ sign so I’m assuming you’re currently in Britain! I’m from Scotland and private scan here is £70! 15 min appointment where they scan, date and send pics to your mobile! The price you’re paying is mad!!!

As rb101 said if you’re deffo 6+4 at the time you should see heartbeat! but lots of factors can come in to play with dates... do you have a cycle longer than 28 days? You might also have ovulated later than you thought etc! Even if that’s the case if the pregnancy is headed in the right direction you should still see something eg sac and fetal pole xxx

Thanks so much @rb101 for the insight! I’m based in London. Guess that adds to the cost. I also found other sonography places that are not doctors (mine is actually a gynaecologist) and they charge anything between 45 and 120.. do you by chance have done a scan before? I’ve found ultrasound direct not sure if they are any good?

@Littleperson ive been thinking of you loads! Hope you’re fine
Thank you for your response! Yes I’m in London, guess that adds the additional cost although I’ve found ultrasound direct who charge £70 so might go with them.. obviously I know they are no doctors.. which is why I’m questioning if they’re any good (again I think being European I might be overreacting and overthinking it as I tend to compare with home ) does anyone have experience with ultrasound direct?

Sorry forgot to add: my cycle ever since lockdown has been a bit wonky tbh.. so that’s a good point! Although, I tested positive on the 18th April and actually went for a scan on the 22nd (to check my ovaries etc for abnormalities - so completely unrelated) and the sonographer identified a corpus Lutheum, lining of 9.2mm and she said potentially the beginning of a GS.. bloods that day were at 124 and 2 days later at 309.. (this was 2 days before and on the day my period should have come..) so that sounds promising with regards to being able to see something in 10 days right?

I’m so sorry I feel quite insipid asking all these questions!! It’s just so worrying all

@Littleperson ive been thinking of you loads! Hope you’re fine
Thank you for your response! Yes I’m in London, guess that adds the additional cost although I’ve found ultrasound direct who charge £70 so might go with them.. obviously I know they are no doctors.. which is why I’m questioning if they’re any good (again I think being European I might be overreacting and overthinking it as I tend to compare with home ) does anyone have experience with ultrasound direct?
Ultrasound direct is the one I was talking about :) you’ll be fine with them!
Thank you for your kind words xxx

Sorry forgot to add: my cycle ever since lockdown has been a bit wonky tbh.. so that’s a good point! Although, I tested positive on the 18th April and actually went for a scan on the 22nd (to check my ovaries etc for abnormalities - so completely unrelated) and the sonographer identified a corpus Lutheum, lining of 9.2mm and she said potentially the beginning of a GS.. bloods that day were at 124 and 2 days later at 309.. (this was 2 days before and on the day my period should have come..) so that sounds promising with regards to being able to see something in 10 days right?

I’m so sorry I feel quite insipid asking all these questions!! It’s just so worrying all
Yes I think you’ll be able to see something xxx

I have used ultrasound direct in a previous pregnancy they were great

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back