any temp experts?

Lynds77

Reaction score
I have been charting my temp for 4 days now. This is what I have so far

1 - 97.58 (taken at 5.45am)
2 - 98.5 (taken at 10.30am)
3 - 97.45 (taken at 5.45am)
4 - 98.48 (taken at 11.45am)

I got a chart with my BThermometer and it only goes to 98.1! so my days 2 and 4 have been completely off the scale.

I have been taking the temp just before I get out of bed. But as I do shift work that has been a different time each morning.

Is there any point in me charting? i am on nightshift at the end of this week which is gonna mess it up even more. Does it really matter what the actual time of day it is or does it only matter that you do it just before you get out of bed?

so confused with all of this! also a little worried my temp is off the scale on a few days.

Hi hun, Im by no means an epert but iv been temp charting for 5 months now.

the 4 days youve been doing your temps have they been the first 4 days of your cycle (have you had af?) or hav you started half way thro one?

i read somewhere (i think it was one of the email tutorials off fetility friend possibly) that you are supposed to try and do your temp same time every morning (you're alowed a window of 30 mins either side i think so if you take it at 9am every morning you can get away with 8.30 and 9.30, i think drinking alcohol night before also affects it)

i daresay its ok for you to keep doing it as its a positive step in ttc and noticing your patterns but maybe do something alongside it, e.g. checking cervix or cervical mucus...maybe even use opks

hope this helps like i said im no expert in it its just what iv read/heard

good luckxxx

I started it on the 2nd day of AF. Couldnt bare thought of sticking it in there on day 1!

I am doing the Billings method (Charting my CM) and also going to use OPKS this month. Along with softcups and preeseed! (I figure doing it all cant hurt!)

There is no way I can take my temp at the same time each day, some days i finish work at 7am, some days I start at 7am! others I finish at 4am and 5pm. Shift working makes it all very difficult.

thanks for your advice, I will carry on charting my temp this month, and see if any kind of readable patterns happens. Otherwise will just use my OPKS and billings. x

well it seems you have all avenues covered so it isnt going to hurt temping as well, i just wouldnt have relied on jst the temping so thats awesome :)

good luck hun xx

Hi Lynds77 :) I've been temping for about 3 weeks now, so by no means an expert, but I'm wondering if you've had a look at fertility friend website. You enter loads of details on there and it makes a graph for you and I don't suppose it has a limit to what your temp could be and it's really easy to use/read. I have been having sleeping issues recently and waking a lot in the night and I've been taking my temp any time between 5 - 8 am, so I was worried is might effect things. Although I started taking my temp after ov last month, I've noticed a definate shift downwards since I started my af last Fri, which I think is a good thing and shows something is working.... On Fertility Friend it gives advice about working shifts too.... Anyway, hope this helps and bit and good luck :) xx

The only things I know about temping is -
1) it has to be done for a whole cycle
2) it has to be after a good nights sleep
3) if you are active in the night it can effect the temp
4) you must take temp before you move in the morning as temp moves as soon as you do

Oh and it should be taken at exactly the same time every morning x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back