Any Second Trimester Twins??

MrsRoger

Reaction score
Hello,

I am due my twinnies in July and have been doing lots of research for the best travel system.

I don't want a double and would like to go for a tandem but there is so much to chose from.

Does anyone have any recommendations or know what pram they are going to go with?

xxxxx

I had twins (they're 17 now). I had a mamas and papas side by side carrycot pram and it was awful! The pram itself was great though it was a nightmare to fit in the boot, get through shops etc.

I think the idea of tandem is much easier to manage with shopping etc though do your research well as they can be front heavy and difficult to navigate due to this!

I would also recommend not spending a fortune as I found by the time the twins were 6 months old I needed simplicity and a close friend of mine was the same as in we both opted to buy a second pushchair in the form of a lightweight Maclaren double buggy. It was my life saver! Easy to manouvere, easy to fit into the car, easy to shop and travel with.

Good luck. It is like s mine field out there with so many options!

Just putting this out there, but have you considered getting a sling and a single parent-facing pram, and 'wearing' one and pushing the other (and alternating) and then you can always look for a slimmer/more lightweight tandem or double stroller once they are around 6 months+?

They'd really benefit from being in a sling xx

Last edited:
Hi there, we are due our twins in April. We looked at a lot of prams and ended up ordering the bugaboo donkey. I was worried about it being too wide etc but the people I've spoken to who have one say it's great!
Tandem wise I liked the UppaBaby Vista, hubby didn't like the fact that the baby in the bottom (Especially when in the carrycot section) would be kind of jammed under he other seat which would mean taking the top carry cot off completely to get to the baby on the bottom of they were to get upset and needed lifting.
I can see why you would rather a tandem though, I was the same until hubby convinced me otherwise!
Good luck xx

Hi there, we are due our twins in April. We looked at a lot of prams and ended up ordering the bugaboo donkey. I was worried about it being too wide etc but the people I've spoken to who have one say it's great!
Tandem wise I liked the UppaBaby Vista, hubby didn't like the fact that the baby in the bottom (Especially when in the carrycot section) would be kind of jammed under he other seat which would mean taking the top carry cot off completely to get to the baby on the bottom of they were to get upset and needed lifting.
I can see why you would rather a tandem though, I was the same until hubby convinced me otherwise!
Good luck xx

Ooooohhh we are looking at the Uppababy tandem!! We went to an really great independent Pram centre and the lady we spoke with was sooo helpful. Don't you worry about pushing the pram yourself with the double?? I would be so worried that I couldn't push it and would have huge problems with getting in and out of shops.

It is all very exciting xxxx

You really don't have long to go how are you feeling? xxx

highly recommend the mountain buggy. I had a side by side. fantastic buggy. Mountain Buggy do tandems now too I hear

Good luck xx

Ooooohhh we are looking at the Uppababy tandem!! We went to an really great independent Pram centre and the lady we spoke with was sooo helpful. Don't you worry about pushing the pram yourself with the double?? I would be so worried that I couldn't push it and would have huge problems with getting in and out of shops.

It is all very exciting xxxx

You really don't have long to go how are you feeling? xxx

I'm really worried about not managing to fit through the shops etc when im on my own, although everyone keeps says i won't be shopping with 2 newborns and a 2 year old on my own - I think they must be thinking I'm going to be housebound?!
I backed down and went for the donkey although I told my husband that if I'm struggling with it it will need to be sold and the Uppababy vista bought - he seemed to agree!
I'm feeling unbelievably tired, that's the worst part really. I'm struggling to bend and do daily tasks. It doesn't help that my 2 year old has decided that she no longer wants to walk and wants to be carried everywhere. She won't even walk down the stairs at home! I think she's sensing the changes that are coming.
I sometimes worry about how I'm going to cope as the pregnancy progresses as my bump is huge already and I'm struggling to sleep etc. The latest I will be allowed to go to is 38 weeks which is 12th April.
How are you feeling? Do you know what your having? We are having 2 boys xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back