Any other runners?

Lynds77

Reaction score
Since last baby I have discovered a love of running. Can do 10k reasonably comfortably and was just about to start half-marathon training. I was even thinking about running a marathon on my 40th birthday next year. Not anymore :lol:

2 weeks ago I did a 10k race, smashed my PB. Not been out since but went out tonight and it was sooooo tough. Struggled to do 4K. I really hope it's just due to the break and not my body telling me to give it up already

Everyone is different. I was running 5k regularly. I'm not big on long distance running, never really do more than 10k and prefer fell running, which I definitely wouldn't do pregnant. I was running a short distance to my CrossFit box, but I've stopped. I find running very uncomfortable at the moment, but I think it's more to do with the bloating. I've been dealing with lot of it and that makes running very uncomfortable. I still do CrossFit, although I haven't felt well enough this past week to do it, and I've now changed over to rowing in place of any running in my WOD, partly because there is more sprinting involved and find it hard to slow my pace and the other part is the discomfort from being bloated. I've even stopped doing doubleunders, not because I can't do them, but because the constant up and down makes me have to pee and interrupts my workout.

If you want to keep running, you'll probably have to change your pace. I've been told that I should be able to hold a conversation whilst working out. If you can do that, you may be able to extend your runs. But every pregnancy is different. I read lots of CrossFit pregnancy blogs and there are mothers who were able to train throughout one pregnancy and not another, so it can vary.

Best of luck. Hope you can find a pace that works for you to get your distance in.

I run 2-3 times a week with a local running club and ran Amsterdam marathon mid October before I got BFP. XC season is coming up now so I'm going to continue to train and run that, as the XC races are shorter (10k) than the distance I've been running lately training for the marathon they'll be high intensity but as my body is used to it I will continue as normal until I physically can't!!

Like kabuk1, I also do CrossFit and at the moment I've just had to avoid front ab exercises since I get horrible cramps after. I don't run anymore either but that's because my boobs hurt.so.bad! I just asked my ob gyn today if I could continue my work out and she said that a pregnancy should be able to withstand exercise! Certainly if you are already sporty from before, there shouldn't be a problem. Just contact sports should be avoided, and later on you have to be careful for diastasis. Good luck with your running Lynds!:cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back