Any one help re: ovulation & OPKs?

Starchild

Reaction score
How can I tell when I'm ovulating? My app says I did on the 19th but my CM was milky like and not exactly a lot of it... my cervix was high (too high to reach) but it's still high today and CM still the same?

How do OPKs work... I tried them one month (after depo I worried I wasn't ovulating..) but I never got a positive, I got a line but it wasn't darker? When would I start using them if I have a 28-29 day cycle and at what time of day?

Not clued up on ovulation and would really like to be as we're ttc in January. :)

Use opks starting day 9 onwards, some months you might have an anovulatory cycle meaning you didn't ovulate, even a positive opk doesn't necessarily mean you ovulate, all they show is a surge in Lutenizing hormone, ovulation occurs after that between 12-24hrs after. x

Ah I wonder if perhaps that's what's happened. At what time in the day is best to test?

Totally confused now as I've had more CM today than any other day this week.

Its still possible that you're yet to ovulate. Your app likely predicts ov based on averages. Best time to use opks is between 10am and 8pm but supposedly the optimum time is between 2-2.30. I found SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) helped me when I started ttc with my little boy. Have a google. Good luck!

Last edited:
Its still possible that you're yet to ovulate. Your app likely predicts ov based on averages. Best time to use opks is between 10am and 8pm but supposedly the optimum time is between 2-2.30. I found SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) helped me when I started ttc with my little boy. Have a google. Good luck!

Thanks! Will look into that, too thank you. X

I do opks at 2.30 sometimes twice a day at 5.30 too. Don't test in the morning as it can give false positives.x

And a positive means I am ovulating? Or have just ovulated or am going to ovulate? X

The word ovulate is starting to sound funny. :lol:

And a positive means I am ovulating? Or have just ovulated or am going to ovulate? X

The word ovulate is starting to sound funny. :lol:

It means you will ovulate anything from 12-36 hours after your first positive opk. I caught pregnant on the day of positive opk, we only DTD once that month too. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back