Any one had any experience with norethisterone tablets?

blonde_ditz77

Reaction score
I've just seen my gynae this afternoon after stopping the injection in January I've still never had a period but because I had chemotherapy a few years ago there was a risk of early menopause which is why I've been referred already, a scan of my ovaries shows everything is fine and I'm definately not pregnant, she has prescribed notethisterone tablets to take one 3 times a day for 7 days and said this should force me to bleed and hopefully start regular cycles again she has also took bloods to check my hormones but has anyone else had any experience with this?

I've used it to stop heavy bleeding before but it's quite common to induce a bleed too. It should definitely do the job for you

Ah thank you I'm really hoping so I know it probably sounds really stupid but I feel so guilty I feel like I'm letting my other half down because my bodies not working properly, although he never moans or mentions anyrhinf he's so supportive

I took it only a couple of weeks ago and it didn't work for me :( hope it works for you x

Thank you for your reply I'm hoping it does work for me I'm guessinfbonly time willbtell though

I've used it several times to induce a bleed and it has worked fine for me. Hope it sorts you out! :)

Hi I used it before as my periods were not regular it worked for me. I was taking off it after 6 months as your not allowed to be on it for a long length of time. Hope it helps you.

Thank you so much for your answers did any one have any side affects from this I'm sure if i ovulated on the 17th like I thouhhtbi had then I would be due my af this weekend, I only started these tablets yesterday but all I have done is pee since my dr done a pregnancy test yesterday which was negative but I'm worried it was just too soon for a bfp

I had no side effects. I also had to take a pregnancy test each time before my GP would let me start it.

One time I finished the course and no bleed. I took a pregnancy test and I was pregnant. After investigation it turned out I had ovulated the day I started the pills. I did go on to miscarry but that was totally unrelated to the northisterone, if you are pregnant it won't do anything or harm the baby.

Thank you for replying snowbee I was really worried it would cause problems if I turned out to be pregnant my abdomen feels very uncomfortable and my boobs are killing me again so I Don't know if it's just wishful thinking or the tablets If I ovulated round about the 17/18th would tomorrow morning be too soon to take another test?

I have no will power with tests, so I wouldn't be able to hold off. Ladies with more patience will say the longer you wait the more accurate the result!

I have no patience either lol I think it's harder because if I was going to have a natural period this month I wouldn't know when it would be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back