Any ideas please?

Bek234

Reaction score
After latching on my lg pulls off and then cry's trying to get it back in haste and repeats this a lot! (9/10 times I feed)
She's not tongue tied, and position was checked in hosp after i had her (4days ago) and by mw yesterday that the latch was perfect. I have an advisor coming some time today but thought if get some ideas of what I should ask.
I'm pretty sure there's milk as I've seen it. Going to attempt to pump a bit soon.

Also cracked nipple advice as one has cracked big time so I dread feeding that side. I've got the cream and cooling pads and also the rubbing in breast milk, is there anything else please? Xx

Tapatalking. X

Also... Maybe a stupid question but any chance I could just feed on one side? Lol one side is so much better x

Tapatalking. X

Just moved and noticed my bra was soaked!!
This happened yesterday my top was too under the boob I was feeding from. (I'd pulled the top well down).

Surely that's gotta be the latch and crying as she's not getting any? :( x

Tapatalking. X

I can't offer much advice. The Lansinoh works wonders but you'd need to give it a few days, put it on on every feed (even if you don't feed on that one). It's better to feed both sides, if you're struggling maybe your advisor will be able to help.

As for the leaking, it may be because your milk has come in. When is LO due to be weighed? I was sure Evan wasn't getting enough but he ended up gaining about 200g in 4 days!

All I can say is keep trying, get as much help and support as you can and go from there. It's still early days xx

Hun one side Always seems easier to feed off. Keep going you're doing fab. Use lansinoh before and after every feed and hopefully in a few weeks your nipples will begin to feel better. How's it been today? X

Thanks girls :) she gets weighed on Monday. I've expressed 3.5oz today!! :D feel like getting somewhere, even if I express all the time and as long as she gets my milk it's all that matters :) still doing as much skin to skin as poss thou.

Happy! :)
Xx

Tapatalking. X

Well done hun. It really is hardwork BF you have to have such determination and huge support in first few weeks. Keep latching babe on you'll both get the hang of it. If there's a BF support group near you definitely go!!! Xxx

keep at it Bek sounds like ur doing a fab job :) xxxxxxx

I've got a breast feeding support group at 11 today actually... Wonder if I can get there... Still in my pjs! :-/ xx

Tapatalking. X

I wouldn't stick to one side try and persevere the baby always favours one side to the other try and fool lo by doing rugby ball hold on the less favoured boob and lying in same position as favourite one might think that they are on that side. I would say if getting fretful do some skin to skin and go back to basics might keep lo calm. Have you tried lying on the bed on your side.

I went through something simmilar with our LO. In her case she kept breaking the latch because she had constant hickups so their was no mystery as to why but I sympathize with what hard work it can be. She also has a strong personality and had no patience at all for anything so would get very angy and upset easily over small things. It was fustrating because once she started crying it was hard to get the latch again because she was upset that I 'wasnt doing it right'. Anyway she has learned to be a bit more patient and we can work together better now.

Is it something your LO did from birth or has just started? It can happen when your milk comes in it the flow is too fast for them to cope with to start with. As others have said the two of you will get the hang of it, you are not doing anything wrong. The first couple of weeks are a challenge for many, I think its pretty normal to have some issues but you'll get through them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back