any ideas on traditional welsh names?

huggybear

Reaction score
hi ladies we are due to move 6 weeks b4 my dd to wales and love the idea of giving the baby a traditional but not to unusual welsh name my daughter is already called megan which is welsh, we dont know the sex of this baby so any ideas ladies would be gratefully apreciated.

no mafanwys or daffyds though lmao (it will not be the only gay in the village lmao) sorry couldnt resist :lol:

Is Cerys welsh? Also Seren, or Rhiannon are pretty! For a boy Cain or Rhys are nice. My best mate called her little boy Maddock, I wasn't too sure about it at the time but now I love it and couldn't imagine him as anything else!

thanks skatty, only one we defo couldnt use is rhys as thats my nephews name lol but others sound nice :D thank you

Anwen and Bronwyn are pretty for girls, but one of my peersonal faves is Angharad. really pretty.

I read mother and baby mag and one of the women who is in it every week has a new baby called enfys haf. Its the only welsh name I know.

girls- Catrin, Cerys, Eleri, Manon(my fave), Nia, Eira, Angharad, Arianwen, Ariana, Lowri, Leri, Del, Haf, Elen, Elinor, Enfys, Ffion i could go on lol
boys- dewi, cai, rhys, morgan, huw, iago, caradog, caro, elian, emlyn, bran, emlyn, collen, cian, celyn, glyn, bevan and i could go on lmao again
hope ive helped
love Braiana xoxox

hiya thanks again guys for your idea, i did toy with the name morgana for a while but as my daughter is megan i thought it would sound funny morgan and megan lol

Are Ewan, Euan, Ethan and Evan not Welsh?

Or maybe Evan is the Welsh version of Ewan? :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back