Any experience of due dates at ultrasound being wrong?

Simona

Reaction score
Hello,

I had light spotting so went for an early scan ( I was estimated 7+6) during the scan they could see only a sack and a little thingy that feeds a pregnancy ( sorry I am bad with terms ) so advised me I am probably only around 4 weeks.
My periods are usually few days late and last sometimes few days extra sometimes few days shorter.. my problem is, I am not exactly sure when I conceived! But my last period was November 15th.
Just wondering if anyone experienced that? I have seen few ladies mentioning they were off by 3-4 weeks, is just so hard not to worry!

Hello,

I had light spotting so went for an early scan ( I was estimated 7+6) during the scan they could see only a sack and a little thingy that feeds a pregnancy ( sorry I am bad with terms ) so advised me I am probably only around 4 weeks.
My periods are usually few days late and last sometimes few days extra sometimes few days shorter.. my problem is, I am not exactly sure when I conceived! But my last period was November 15th.
Just wondering if anyone experienced that? I have seen few ladies mentioning they were off by 3-4 weeks, is just so hard not to worry!

Hi hun, I have heard of people being a couple of weeks off I was 2 weeks off myself. Have they arranged a follow up?

Hey lovely.
I went to a private clinic so they just advised to come back in 10–17 days. Is it worth to call midwifes at my hospital and ask them for a scan? x i heard it can be quite difficult to get one, mine didnt seem to be very helpfull either as when I called about my spotting she didnt see this as a big problem..

My understanding is that it is much easier to be exact about the due date at your 12 week scan as they can see more and take more accurate measurements.

My understanding is that it is much easier to be exact about the due date at your 12 week scan as they can see more and take more accurate measurements.
Thats fair enough but my 12 week appoitment is abit too far for me to wait as obviously its kinda worrying i am much earlier to what expected

Hello,

to be honest I’d expect to see the fetus and heartbeat at 7+6, when did you get the positive pregnancy test? If you assume you were at least 4 weeks pregnant when you got a positive test then that should give you a rough idea as to far along you should be now, I would ask for another scan, I think people who were off by 3-4 weeks probably conceived much later then they thought they did

to be honest I’d expect to see the fetus and heartbeat at 7+6, when did you get the positive pregnancy test? If you assume you were at least 4 weeks pregnant when you got a positive test then that should give you a rough idea as to far along you should be now, I would ask for another scan, I think people who were off by 3-4 weeks probably conceived much later then they thought they did

Thank your reply, 7+6 got estimated due to my last period being on November 15th.
I have done the test on 15th of December, until then I didn't really had any symptoms just had this feeling! I am not really familiar with all this timing and etc as this is my first pregnancy so its quite worrying as I went for private scan for reassurance and came out with completely different outcome...
Although my boyfriend thinks early timing is correct as he think he ''finished'' after my period, I will try to call my midwife but they are kind of difficult as when I called I have told them my results of private scan, they are telling me to wait at least 2 weeks as then it def would have a heart beat, it would be too early to see anything. I guess it is a waiting game..

Thank your reply, 7+6 got estimated due to my last period being on November 15th.
I have done the test on 15th of December, until then I didn't really had any symptoms just had this feeling! I am not really familiar with all this timing and etc as this is my first pregnancy so its quite worrying as I went for private scan for reassurance and came out with completely different outcome...
Although my boyfriend thinks early timing is correct as he think he ''finished'' after my period, I will try to call my midwife but they are kind of difficult as when I called I have told them my results of private scan, they are telling me to wait at least 2 weeks as then it def would have a heart beat, it would be too early to see anything. I guess it is a waiting game..

I had something very similar with my youngest daughter EDD was moved from 25/12/2018 to 10/01/2019 so a little over 2 weeks. I went for a scan at EPU and they said there was a sac but no fetal pole told me to come back in two weeks. I had a car accident in those 2 weeks and also travelled abroad it was the worst two weeks of my life!

When you got your positive was it obviously positive or faint? As going off that you’d be at the very least 6/7 weeks x

I had something very similar with my youngest daughter EDD was moved from 25/12/2018 to 10/01/2019 so a little over 2 weeks. I went for a scan at EPU and they said there was a sac but no fetal pole told me to come back in two weeks. I had a car accident in those 2 weeks and also travelled abroad it was the worst two weeks of my life!

When you got your positive was it obviously positive or faint? As going off that you’d be at the very least 6/7 weeks x

Hi lovely, it was super faint.

I have just called my midwife but they are telling me to wait for my 12 week scan to confirm all of it, or go A&E.. struggling to receive help over here!

Hi lovely, it was super faint.

I have just called my midwife but they are telling me to wait for my 12 week scan to confirm all of it, or go A&E.. struggling to receive help over here!

I would contact EPU or A&E if that’s how you access that service where you are! Are you still spotting? It is sadly a waiting game but the EPU are more likely to tell you what is going on than a private scan. I hope all will be ok x

I had some light spotting last Monday and then even lighter on Saturday after internal scan. ( no more since ) Fingers crossed, will try to work my magic and see what I can do.. !

Not the way I expected my first pregnancy but hopefully all worth it x

I had some light spotting last Monday and then even lighter on Saturday after internal scan. ( no more since ) Fingers crossed, will try to work my magic and see what I can do.. !

Not the way I expected my first pregnancy but hopefully all worth it x

Im so sorry you are going through this. Maybe just best to wait I know it’s hard but if they say the same at the EPU you might worry more x

To be honest I might just wait which will be long but oh well!
My breast are sore and I am feeling exhausted plus after eating do not feel good.. Hoping my little bean is just teasing me!

To be honest I might just wait which will be long but oh well!
My breast are sore and I am feeling exhausted plus after eating do not feel good.. Hoping my little bean is just teasing me!

I wish you all the best hun, I know it isn’t easy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back