Any else suffer with cramp?

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by carli91, May 19, 2013.

1. carli91

carli91 Well-Known Member

Since the day I found out I was pregnant I have suffered with cramp in my thighs. Not painful just really uncomfortable. However in the middle of last night I woke up screaming and crying with the most horrendous painful cramp I've ever experienced. Was screaming so loud I woke oh up and he was shouting at me 'what's wrong? What's up? Is the baby ok?' And I was in so much pain I couldn't tell him what was wrong. When I finally could speak I told him it was cramp in my leg and he let out a huge sigh and burst into tears. He thought something was wrong with the baby bless him I actually had to hug him to sleep to calm him down because he was in such as state. But even today it's still painful but not as bad as last night. Is there anything I can do to prevent cramp?

2. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

Oh that's so sweet of your OH! Poor thing!!
    I've not had cramp in pregnancy but had it before. Do stretches before bed. Also make sure you're getting enough salt? It can be caused by low sodium I think. Sounds awful! My hubby gets it occasionally and he says it kills! Xx

3. carli91

carli91 Well-Known Member

I still feel so guilty for putting him through it but it couldn't be helped. He was distraught. Didn't know it could be due to not getting enough salt. Will have to google that x

4. Haylian

Haylian Well-Known Member

I've had cramp maybe 3 times in my whole life but I had it on Friday night in my calf. Was the worst pain ever! I hope it doesn't become a common thing. My oh didn't even wake up haha. Bless yours tho, bet he was panic stricken xx

5. Sunshine_state

Sunshine_state Well-Known Member

I've been getting it regular since being pregnant..Had it about 5 times the other night in my calf. Next morning i couldn't walk properly. Get it in my feet to. It's so painful. Don't know how to help it x

6. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

I havent had it yet this pregnancy but do normally get it bad on the night

I found drinking more water in the evening really helped which preg ladies tend not to do because of nightime loo stops!

7. amygates88

amygates88 Well-Known Member

I get it in my calf and it always in the night! I also wake up cryin and have a bit of a limp the next day. It so bad I am now scared to stretch in bed!! Xx