Any egg allergy sufferers?

cam

Reaction score
Hi i will be due to have the whooping cough vaccine in a few weeks time my problem is i have a severe egg allergy and the vaccine is cultured in egg. Has anyone with egg allergy had it done? Did you have a reaction? Im scared of having a reaction if i do have it but same time scared baby could get sick if i dont.
Midwife has said she needs to check with someone as she wasnt sure. The same will go for the flu vaccine aswell.

I have an intolerance/allergy to eggs too and I think for me I probably just won't get it done....if I ingest egg my body starts attacking itself and I get severe inflamation of the intestines, horrendous cramping, vomitting, dizziness, asthma attack and the runs - this can last up to 2 days. I would be more worried about the effects of all that on the baby. I shall just get them vaccinated in the first 2 months after they are born I guess.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying thought i was the only one! I have the same reaction as you and im scared as to how i would react even if i did have it done in hospital for them to monitor me, not like they can remove it once its in! Think i will just do the same and hope it will be ok, so difficult knowing whats best to do xx

They really need to start thinking about people with egg allergies when they produce these vaccines, egg allergy is one of the most common allergies out there and is especially common in young children so it really surprises me that egg is still so widely used. Never mind x

Me too, not heard anything from my midwife though but will ask her at my 28 WK visit.

I know never really thought about when my babies had their jabs, luckily neither of them have an allergy but hate to think what would of happened if they did have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back