Any cot buying advice?

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Ok so I think my OH's folks might be buying us a cot, but from all the shopping I've done I just can't decide what would be best!

So what 'features' did folk look for when buying a cot?

I'm struggling to decide on
Cot or Cot-Bed?
Drop-side or fixed side?
multi-position base or fixed base?

Space isn't an issue, neither is colour/wood colour.

This is all a bit baffling!!

Ive been looking at cotbeds, just because I want to save money in the long run, and because Im short I want a drop side cot, just feel it will make it easier to get her out. I think multi position would be good as well...but that tends to go hand in hand with it being a cot bed as well. Im still totally undecided on a cot though! Ive just got things I know I want for it :) x

Thanks Melio, I suppose I want to be clear when OH's mum asks if I have a preference. She's already quizzed me but I wasn't sure if all those things were useful or not.

My only advice would be to not spend a forums cos jack has chewed ours so it now has lovely teeth mark in the end of it

Ive heard a lot of ppl say that while cot beds seem like a good idea by the time your LO is ready for a bed you might end up having another (although I cant imagine it now, Im told its very possible!) and you end up buying a bed anyway cos you need the cot for the next baby.

Im gonna get a swinging crib for the first 6 months or so cos Ive heard they're good for their balance and coordination, something to do with vestibular system in the ear (?) and I think theyre really cute! Ive got a cot at my parents house already that has adjustable base so when he's little you can have it quite high so its easy to pick him up then later on you can lower it a few levels to stop him trying to climb out. Brilliant for me cos me and my mum are short too!

Yeah - we're going for a cot. My mate put her first straight in a bed when she had her second as she needed the cot...!

You can buy sides to put on normal size beds for about £20 (Lindham sides) and in the long run it saves changing beds every year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back