Any cold and flu remedies we can take?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by mrssmith2011, Jul 13, 2013.

1. mrssmith2011

mrssmith2011 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone

Unfortunately the cold that I thought I had got rid of is back. It's now gone into my chest. Not good as I had Pneumonia in December. Can anyone give me any advice on what we can take as I have just went to take some strepsils as my throat is on fire and I am losing my voice and have found that I can't even take them. Sorry for moaning I just really don't want my chest to flare up again. My Mum has just rang me and apparently she can hear my chest rattling on the phone. Thanks in advance everyone :) x

2. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

You can take paracetamol. Try despersable and gurgle if the throat is sore. Add honey and Lemmon.paracetamol should help a little at least

3. Bonfire Bride

Bonfire Bride Well-Known Member

Boots do an amazing cold and flu syrup made with honey. I bought it on Monday as have had a cold. It really helped soothe my chest - it states on the label that it can be taken during pregnancy as it has natural ingredients and no medication.

I believe it was quite cheap too at £2.50ish xxx

4. mrssmith2011

Cheers you everyone. I will have a look tomorrow Bonfire Bride. I just don't want the pneumonia developing again xxxx

5. Cherrybelly

Cherrybelly Well-Known Member

Ah bonfire bride, I shall also look out for that! Suffering with a cold too! Hope you soon feel better mrs smith!

6. mrssmith2011

Thank you Cherrybelly. I hope you are feeling better soon too xxx

7. Pumpkin9

Pumpkin9 Well-Known Member

Pharmacist told me strepsils were fine in moderation- they said its cause with pregnancy doctors want to make sure the symptoms aren't something more serious hence consult a doctor.

I did find that lockets don't have consult a doctor on the back though.

Hope you feel better soon

8. mrssmith2011

Thanks Pumpkin9. I have lost about completely lost my voice now. Have a horrible cough and my chest is killing me. I'm just terrified of taking anything. Thank you for the advice xxx