Any anti sickness help!

Jac2019

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Does anyone have any tips or even anything that worked for them to help with nausea? I am not throwing up but from minute I wake up to bed I feel sicky ( not that I am complaining if means I can have my rainbow baby). Just tried all the usual and the thought of ginger even makes me feel sick this time... When eat get bad acid reflux and nausea continues.
Might just be the way it is for first trimester but I would take it if means it is a good sign this time. Thanks for any help xx

I HG in my pregnancy and unfortunately nothing worked in the 1st tri to ease it but later on lemonade, rich tea biscuits and ice pops helped! Hopefully it doesn’t last much longer! Congratulationsxxxxx

I HG in my pregnancy and unfortunately nothing worked in the 1st tri to ease it but later on lemonade, rich tea biscuits and ice pops helped! Hopefully it doesn’t last much longer! Congratulationsxxxxx
Thank you I can't complain as not throwing up but hard to go day to day or enjoy eating as so nauseated. I will try these I did read clear drinks and not to mix hot and cold gone off most hot drinks.

I hope all is going really well for you. Thank you xxx

Thank you I can't complain as not throwing up but hard to go day to day or enjoy eating as so nauseated. I will try these I did read clear drinks and not to mix hot and cold gone off most hot drinks.

I hope all is going really well for you. Thank you xxx
Awwww, I feel you! I had really bad nausea and then vomiting in my 1st trimester and the only thing that helped a bit was to eat things I was "craving" - i.e. feeling only 80% put off instead of totally put off
Sour tastes seemed to calm down my nausea a bit...Like I would mix freshly squeezed lemon juice with equal amount of honey and have a teaspoon of it every few minutes. Or I liked eating grapefruits or sour tangerines or pickles. You can experiment with little things and if you notice something is "not as bad as the rest", then try it again.

Awwww, I feel you! I had really bad nausea and then vomiting in my 1st trimester and the only thing that helped a bit was to eat things I was "craving" - i.e. feeling only 80% put off instead of totally put off
Sour tastes seemed to calm down my nausea a bit...Like I would mix freshly squeezed lemon juice with equal amount of honey and have a teaspoon of it every few minutes. Or I liked eating grapefruits or sour tangerines or pickles. You can experiment with little things and if you notice something is "not as bad as the rest", then try it again.
Awww thank you so much for the reply. That's exactly how I feel only handful of things I'm not 100% off. I def will try the honey and lemon as I have that in house. I have been trying to drink lemon and ginger but hit and miss now if works. I am happy I have it if means more chance this time just still want to be up and about.

Thank you again. Hope you are well. Have you had your baby? Xxx

Like April, I’ve had two HG pregnancies and it’s been horrific. I’m still vomiting every day at 30+ weeks. The constant nausea is awful though, I feel for you. Have you tried some gaviscon to help the acid? My sickness is always so much worse when my heartburn is bad. Sickness bands from the chemist for travel sickness? A lot of people swear by them for nausea. Avoid big meals, little and often is much better. I stuck to fairly bland foods too - just crackers and spread, toast, bread sticks to snack on. Ice lollies were also my saving grace, as well as watermelon when I was really struggling to stomach anything!

I hope it’s short lived for you. And congratulations on your rainbow <3 xx

Like April, I’ve had two HG pregnancies and it’s been horrific. I’m still vomiting every day at 30+ weeks. The constant nausea is awful though, I feel for you. Have you tried some gaviscon to help the acid? My sickness is always so much worse when my heartburn is bad. Sickness bands from the chemist for travel sickness? A lot of people swear by them for nausea. Avoid big meals, little and often is much better. I stuck to fairly bland foods too - just crackers and spread, toast, bread sticks to snack on. Ice lollies were also my saving grace, as well as watermelon when I was really struggling to stomach anything!

I hope it’s short lived for you. And congratulations on your rainbow <3 xx
Thank you so much... All that info is great. I haven't tried gaviscon I didn't know I could take that. Will buy someone. Ice lollies and watermelon great idea too as sometimes also can't think what get extra fluids in.
That is definitely me, only facing dry foods.

OH no you are 30+ weeks and still being sick. I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better over Christmas and new year.

Thank you great tips to help hopefully control it a bit better xxx

Thank you so much... All that info is great. I haven't tried gaviscon I didn't know I could take that. Will buy someone. Ice lollies and watermelon great idea too as sometimes also can't think what get extra fluids in.
That is definitely me, only facing dry foods.

OH no you are 30+ weeks and still being sick. I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better over Christmas and new year.

Thank you great tips to help hopefully control it a bit better xxx

No problem at all lovely. Having been there and got the T-shirt twice, I’ve picked a few tips up :lol: gaviscon is completely safe in pregnancy so definitely give it a try before eating and see if it helps. Water rich fruits are great if you’re struggling to get some fluids into yourself. Nausea completely zaps your desire to eat or drink doesn’t it?! If I think of anymore I’ll let you know!

Thank you very much :) this has been a rollercoaster pregnancy. I cannot wait for the day I can eat and drink normally! Xx

No problem at all lovely. Having been there and got the T-shirt twice, I’ve picked a few tips up :lol: gaviscon is completely safe in pregnancy so definitely give it a try before eating and see if it helps. Water rich fruits are great if you’re struggling to get some fluids into yourself. Nausea completely zaps your desire to eat or drink doesn’t it?! If I think of anymore I’ll let you know!

Thank you very much :) this has been a rollercoaster pregnancy. I cannot wait for the day I can eat and drink normally! Xx
I am so sorry to hear it has been a roller-coaster I hope that you are able to eat and drink well soon and hope you labour goes as smoothly as possible.

Thank you for all the tips.. Just wasn't sure what I can take and also anything to help keep hydrated. Really appreciate it. Xxx <3

What helped me was sniffing rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and sipping ginger ale.

Ah that is an unusual one thank you. Ginger ale, I like so will be trying all. Thank you <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back