Any advice

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by DarcyHodge, Jun 6, 2016.

1. DarcyHodge

DarcyHodge Well-Known Member

So after getting my hopes up and being so disappointed last month, and all my friends announcing their pregnancies I wanted to see if anyone had any aldvice like certain foods that help, or old wife's tales, fun things so I don't get all sad again and I can stay positive.
    I read on another thread about Brazil nuts but I don't really like nuts however I'm willing to try.
    Good luck to anyone trying xx

2. CockerMum

CockerMum Well-Known Member

Aww really sorry Darcy. Just try keep positive :)

I don't know any wife's tales but have heard Brazil nuts - something to do with helping with implantation? X

3. DarcyHodge

That's it I'm trying the Brazil nuts lol ����

4. CockerMum

CockerMum Well-Known Member

Think there is something about pineapple core - seen it mentioned somewhere but don't know what that's supposed to do lol x

5. PeanutButter

PeanutButter Well-Known Member

Are you taking vitamins? Xx

6. DarcyHodge

Yep I was just taking folic acid, but a friend gave me her pregnecare conception tablets as she fell pregnant really quick. Can't do the pineapple as I'm allergic, I've just read carrots are meant to be good, at least I will be healthy eating lol

7. PeanutButter

Grapefruit juice is meant to help you produce more ewcm. I tried it, but I couldn't stand the taste xD gave up aha

#7 PeanutButter, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  8. PeanutButter

Oh! And I read something this morning, low fat milks are bad for fertility and have more problems conceiving, so drink full fat.
    You need b6 in your diet, and if you eat alot of refined sugar and bread it uses up all the b6 needed for healthy reproductive organs :)

9. DarcyHodge

Right I'm not clued up on the lingo yet what on earth does ewcm mean I can't even work it out lol?

10. DarcyHodge

I don't eat much sugar or milk but will cut back on bread, I think the pregnacare tablets have got all the bits covered x

11. PeanutButter

Egg white cervical mucas. The good cervical fluid, it looks like raw egg whites and is strechy. Usually comes around ovulation, to help sperm live longer and swim xx

12. DarcyHodge

Thanks I'll be off to the shops tomorrow to stock up, grapefruit juice will be nice and refreshing at the moment I don't know about you but it's melting in Scotland xx

13. PeanutButter

Don't drink it after ov xx

14. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

Get your oh on zinc supplements good for sperm production. Pineapple core is to do with the enzyme to get you into labour.

15. PeanutButter

Oh I forgot, red raspberry leaf tea. Helps your uterus. Do not drink after ovulation though, it contracts your uterus, incase your preg

16. DarcyHodge

Why are all these foods and drinks yucky, can it not be something like skittles or rolos haha

17. PeanutButter

Lmao, red raspberry leaf tea is actually really nice, tastes like raspberry yoghurt. I got my bfp after drinking 2 cups a day from cd1 to ovulation xx

18. DarcyHodge

Why are all theses food and drinks yucky why can't it be skittles and rolos to boost fertility haha

19. veronikabrie

veronikabrie Member

I've heard that beetroot and apples are great but then again, everything that grows locally or best - in you backyard would be a healthy choice. Make sure not to eat foods that incraese your PH, check out the Web for more info.

20. Salley

Salley Well-Known Member

I don't know if you're tracking temp, etc. but I find that to be helpful with the BFN blues... Being occupied with all the charting and tracking makes it a challenge to dwell. I've literally broken down into tears when AF arrived on me before, best to keep busy! Good luck Darcy!!

Also, there's a thread about that Soya supplement business, CockerMum posted a thread explaining the benefits to me; basically helps you ovulate by dropping your estrogen and it's a natural alternative to fertility aids. I'm rooting for you, honey! :)