Any advice for back ache?

TaffyRose

Reaction score
I can't complain at all as I've had such a good pregnancy but the last few days I've had really bad back ache. It especially hurts when I lift my left leg. I'm not sure if baby is laying on a nerve but I wondered if any of you lovely ladies had any tips for easing the ache? :) xxx

I have used a hot water bottle but instead of hot water I only half boil the kettle, it does mean you have to beable to sit for 5 minutes though :0) xx

sitting on a birthing ball was the only way i could sit comfortably sometimes. whatever aches or pains ive had (and i messed my back up a bit years ago) its always comfy to sit on the ball and just float round on it lol. ya dont have to bounce on them and they are recommended as seating for ppl with bad backs too.

Heat pack or hot bath maybe? A massage? you could ask if there is any cream/gel you can get over the counter x

Oh I have been suffering with this too!

It's fine in the morning but starts to hurt late afternoon/evening and by the time I go to bed I'm in agony. Mine is lower left side and taking deep breaths seems to make it worse!

Only position I can lay in is completely flat on my back which I know you're not supposed to do.

I have found that heat helps-I have a microwaveable bean bag thing that seems to take the edge off. Not really sure what else can be done but i know how you feel! It's driving me insane! x x

i'd get yourself to the doctors hun and get them to prescribe something, harry was pressing on my nerve a few months ago and i was taking paracetamol, using wheat bags and having regular massages off hubby. the doctor prescribed me 500mg co-codamol, (they're completly safe for us to take as long as they are prescribed and you dont overdose obviously) i only use co-codamol when i really need it because i was taking them regularly and they were making harry sleepy xx

i found warm baths with some lavendar oil helped. i was also given a back support belt designed for pregnant women from my midwife.

Have you tried yoga, I've found it really helps!

i have this too!! lower left side only :oooo: and when i lift my leg it kills i sometimes feel like im gonna drop when i get out of bed in nite for toilet as its too much to take sometimes!! i assumed he was pressing on a nerve too :( but not asked mw as i have hardly saw her through this whole thing and still wont see her til 31 weeks!! but have growth scan tomorrow and review with consultant so gonna ask him about it :) xx

I had this couple of weeks ago. Down left side and into leg. Everytime I stood up I thought my leg was going to give way. Pain was so bad. I went to bed with hot water bottle (inside a fluffy cover) and it eased a bit. I read full book that week in bed as I couldn't sleep with the pain. DH was on night shift so I wasn't disturbing him.

I went and got myself a nursing pillow to use for back support when sitting in living room at home. It helped loads :)

This lasted for a week and seemed to disappear. I know it'll prob come back again but for now I'll enjoy being able to sit comfortably.

I had this couple of weeks ago. Down left side and into leg. Everytime I stood up I thought my leg was going to give way. Pain was so bad. I went to bed with hot water bottle (inside a fluffy cover) and it eased a bit. I read full book that week in bed as I couldn't sleep with the pain. DH was on night shift so I wasn't disturbing him.

I went and got myself a nursing pillow to use for back support when sitting in living room at home. It helped loads :)

This lasted for a week and seemed to disappear. I know it'll prob come back again but for now I'll enjoy being able to sit comfortably.

mine is definately gettin worse as the weeks go on :shakehead: x

Thank you for all the advice, this week I'll definitely be getting myself one of those gym balls and will try baths and hot water bottles. It seems some days hurt more than others. Doesn't help I have a sore throat and cold so am now feeling very sorry for myself xx

Last edited:
I've been suffering and found the other thing that helps along with massage, heat etc is getting on all fours, I think it's actually a yoga move and flexing my back. Someone told me it was called the 'angry cat' because you push your back up, like cats do when they scared/annoyed etc it really helps just ease the tension.

This explains better than I do! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moa4h-rjuNE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back