any 40+ mums?

clarew

Reaction score
hello, i am 42 with a surprise pregnancy (thought i was infertile and premenopausal!)
i have 2 sons age 8 and 2. which we struggled to conceive the 2nd son naturally

all the advanced age related statistics are quite scary and am already paranoid that people will think i am irresponsible! and what if other mums at playgroups think i am the grandma??:shock: awkward!

but anyway it might be unplanned but VERY much wanted baby
i had just got rid of all my baby stuff too :wall2:

9 weeks 1 day, due 11th nov

I'm 42 and this is my first. It's taken us 4 years to get this far in pregnancy and we've had 5 losses.
I don't care what people think haha but hubby does as he's 52 :shock: he's got 3 adult kids from a previous marriage (35, 29 and 28!!)
Enjoy your pregnancy ... planned or not it's such a blessing xx

wowsers - proper grown up siblings for your new child - but usefull for babysitting duties maybe? congratulations, you must be on cloud nine ! your baby must be so precious to you. did you use ivf?
well there is no such thing as a traditional family unit in the 21st century! and anyway- i do alot of research on my family tree going back centuries and there are quite a few ancestors who have continued to have children into their 40's even in the industrial victorian times when health was bad.
did you have any extra chromosome tests?

It's a natural conception and yes, very precious, still can't quite believe it's happening and waiting for the bubble to burst!
I had harmony testing done privately and thankfully it came back low risk <1 in 10000 chance of a chromosome problem, we found out then that we are having a boy. Feels strange knowing since 12 weeks that it's a boy!
The siblings better bloody babysit, I'm thinking a weekend at each then a weekend at my mums then a weekend at my sisters then back to the beginning!! Only kidding lol

Congratulations! My mum was 36 and my dad was 42 when I was born and they tried for 19 years to have me. People used to say dad was my grandad and I have always been so protective of them so I would defend the fact that he is my dad.

I think because of their age I am much much closer to them. My friend was 45 when he had his little girl and they are inseparable just like me and my dad. You have got a wonderful journey ahead so ignore any negativity if you come across it- another baby is wonderful!

Congratulations! My mum was 36 and my dad was 42 when I was born and they tried for 19 years to have me. People used to say dad was my grandad and I have always been so protective of them so I would defend the fact that he is my dad.

I think because of their age I am much much closer to them. My friend was 45 when he had his little girl and they are inseparable just like me and my dad. You have got a wonderful journey ahead so ignore any negativity if you come across it- another baby is wonderful!

Ah that's good to know that the age can make you closer to your parents ! I am determined to look after my health to be around as long as possible !

I have already booked my harmony test for next week when I reach 10 week ! I am so excited to find out the gender before I am 12 weeks and if the chromosome results are good then we can finally tell family .
I have read that mums who can naturally bear a healthy child n their 40s are four times more likely to live to 100 year old. They don't know why but poss it's a sign internally they are aging slowly ! So at least that is a positive !
Oh and I also read there is a theory we go through a surge in fertility as we approach menopause as body makes more effort to ovulate those remaining eggs - ovarian hyper stimulation - just like clomid ! Hence more chance of twins !

My aunt had her first and only baby at 44 thought the same as you that she was premenopausal. She had been trying for 17 years and did Ivf with no luck and accepted it would never happen, she's managed great and nobody's ever thought she was grandma, 42 is not old wishing you the best of luck x

My aunt had her first and only baby at 44 thought the same as you that she was premenopausal. She had been trying for 17 years and did Ivf with no luck and accepted it would never happen, she's managed great and nobody's ever thought she was grandma, 42 is not old wishing you the best of luck x

Aw i love stories like that, must be one well loved child after all those years of heart ache x

I have already booked my harmony test for next week when I reach 10 week ! I am so excited to find out the gender before I am 12 weeks and if the chromosome results are good then we can finally tell family .
I have read that mums who can naturally bear a healthy child n their 40s are four times more likely to live to 100 year old. They don't know why but poss it's a sign internally they are aging slowly ! So at least that is a positive !
Oh and I also read there is a theory we go through a surge in fertility as we approach menopause as body makes more effort to ovulate those remaining eggs - ovarian hyper stimulation - just like clomid ! Hence more chance of twins !

That is fantastic, I hope the test goes well. We have a massive family history of twins- one lady had 5 sets of twins!!! Totally believe the closeness is because of the age, I followed my dad round like a shadow and even at 34 I talk to him a million times a day and never grew out of the daddys girl phase. He is my world and I adore him, we have a closer bond because I was in SCBU for a long long time and mum was so ill she didnt get to see me for a few days so she didnt get that bond right away. In 'those days' they didnt take my incubator to her so sadly other people got to see me first. Its so different no a days thankfully. I love to see parents in their 40s especially if they have tried hard to have a baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back