anxiety over pregnancy loss (that hasn’t happened)

Aprilxxx

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I need to get this off my chest really as the anxiety of it all is really getting to me and I don’t feel like I can express this to anybody else.

I guess it’s come about now I’m getting closer to birth but I am petrified of losing my baby boy. I have the most overwhelming fear that something will go wrong and my rainbow won’t come home with me. I feel like it’s probably because this whole pregnancy I’ve felt like it’s been to good to be true and I’ve been waiting for something to happen due to suffering two previous miscarriages.

Sorry about this post being negative but it’s really getting me down. I also don’t want to upset anybody and go into to much detail about my feelings but I can’t keep them to myself anymore.

I can’t really give you much advice because I haven’t been through what you have, but I just want you to know that however you are feeling let it all out.
I know for a fact you are bringing your rainbow home. It must be hard but think positive thoughts. Imagine cuddling your baby, feeding your baby and I promise you will be doing exactly that. Xx

Aw bless you. I can imagine how your feeling as I’ve been spending most of my time waiting for something to go wrong. There has to be a catch.

that being said any worries you have you should talk about as bottling everything up will just make it worse. It’s probably very natural to have these concerns but if it’s becoming invasive in your day to day life you may need to speak to your midwife for some advice or extra support. There’s no reason to think anything would go wrong and i’m sure you will have a healthy baby in your arms before you know it. Xx

Thank you so much for the replies ladies.
I know you are right and I have no reason to think anything other than good things but I can’t help it. Sometimes just venting just helps.

I really understand, i had a US today and literally was shaking with nerves. When they put probe in i had to take a really deep breath and let it out slowly i got that panicked.
after when talking with midwife about scan, standard procedure, i was shaking and she actually grabbed my hand and said 'its ok'.
theres nothing no one can say to stop the anxiety but your pretty far ahead right? and nothings gone wrong i can only Hope&Wish i get as far along as you, seriously!

also if its any help i have been on a ward with lots of pregnant women last 4 days, not 1 seemed to have a emergency and there was lots of people that came in and went.
when i first turned up there i said to my husband why am i on a pregnant ward? and again got wound up, but oh my gosh new born babies are actually cute.. havent seen one for ages!!

Hi April, I totally understand where you’re coming from, I had three losses and couldn’t relax through my rainbow pregnancy. I just couldn’t stop worrying until she arrived, understandable after what we’ve been through. I had a few scares through the pregnancy too and I think I drove people crazy who didn’t really understand why I felt the way I did. Don’t apologise for feeling the way you do and rant away as much as you need to and you’re little one will be safely in your arms before you know it xx

Thank you all so much for the understanding replies.
I think I might have a chat with my midwife as the thoughts are really distressing me. Sometimes I even have nightmares about losing him.

I know this was posted a couple of weeks ago, but I just wanted to check in and see if you are feeling better now? Did you manage to speak to your midwife?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back