Anxiety growing

Gravidgecko

Reaction score
I'm usually fairly laid back.
I didn't use to be, but I've had a fair amount of CB therapy for an eating disorder in the last couple of years, and my general outlook has definitely changed.
I went from trying to control everything and feeling stressed when I couldn't (all the time!!), to trying not to sweat the little things. There's no point in being stressed all the time over things I can't control.

That said, since finding out I'm pregnant I just feel frightened all the time!

I'm now feeling quite squeamish and becoming a bit of a 'germaphobe'. I'm becoming a bit of a nervous driver too. This whole EU referendum has had me in tears!

Is this normal?
I'm so frightened all the time :(

I don't know whether this helps, but I'm feeling the same and I feel guilty about it. I've had quite bad bouts of depression in the past, and CB therapy has been extremely helpful, but since being pregnant, I feel really worried. Yes about unrelated things, but largely about the pregnancy and about my relationship. I feel sick and worried that I'll be a rubbish mother, and feel like I'm spiralling into a bit of a hole.

Maybe we should both mention it at our next appointments. I guess if there is any support out there, they will be able to point us in the right direction.

I'm on the same boat. I think some of the therapy techniques I was taught in CB have definitely helped but the main thing my therapist used to say was 'Don't get anxious about something that hasn't even happened yet as it could pleasantly surprise you'. Always used to tick me off him saying it but I get what he means and sometimes it does help. This EU stuff has got me very emotional today which hasn't helped my skittiness at all :( xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back