Anxiety and return to work

RooRoo35

Reaction score
Hi all
Any advice would be helpful
I have been off sick with anxiety for nearly 26 weeks. I returned for a short period but was unable to manage my anxiety with the work load. Whilst off I found out I am pregnant and currently 13 weeks.
I have been in touch with work about returning as my sick pay is coming to an end. They want me to return but are unable to reduce the workload short term ( a suggestion on the occupational health report they requested). They are also aware of my pregnancy.
I made the decision to stop my anxiety medication to protect my baby.
I feel I am not 100% but finances are pressuring me.....
I am so confused on what to do, I don't want my anxiety to return full force but need to pay my bills. I have a therapist I see every two weeks.

Any opinion or advise would be great :wall2:

Hi, I really sympathise and I'm in a very similar situation. I've been off with anxiety since October, lots of pressure from work to return. I'll get full pay until April but after discussions with DH, family and the union I really don't feel in a position where I can return. I'm actually still taking a very low dose of my meds and discussed with my GP and we feel it outweighs the risks of being on no meds. I'm not going to return to work and come April I'm going to ask for a termination payout and then after some research I've worked out I'm entitled to a mat allowance from the gov.

You can only do what's right for you but remember your mental health and your baby's health is the most important thing right now. *hugs*

Why haven't you been sent for any therapies yet? I have anxiety due to post traumatic stress and it does flare up with the pressure of work or school or whatever. I never took medication and I wouldn't do so long term. I'm waiting for CBT and EMDR therapies to get my emotions sorted so hopefully in the future, I'll be more able to deal with situations like that where there is a healthy pressure..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back