Anxiety and pregnancy

natz8531

Reaction score
Just need a little bit of advice please ladies. I've suffered with generalised anxiety for about 5 or so years now, my first pregnancy was a breeze up until little one passed away, this pregnancy has been nothing but anxiety, I'm talking all day anxiety to the point I'm now worrying it's affecting the baby, not sure what to do, I wasn't taking any medication beforehand although I planned to when I left my horrible job last month, but a week after I left, I got my bfp. Does anyone else suffer this? How did you cope? Thanks in advance x

I've become very anxious since becoming pregnant before that I was rather calm. I'd speak to your gp or midwife and see if you can talk to a professional if you don't want to take medication. Hope you get sorted xx

I have untreated anxiety too. I'm usually pretty good at 'mind over matter' and can talk myself out of anxiety attacks. But since being pregnant it's out of control, I get it badly and can't control it. I've spoken to the mw who said see how I go between now and next appt and there are various methods of help available if I feel I need it. So definitely worth a chat I would say xx

Thankyou both, i might give the doctors a call in the morning, i get these weird vocal tics as i call them and they get so out of control i go into panic mode, i hope this isnt hurting little one xx

I suffer anxiety, my 1st pregnancy was so bad i had awful panic attacks....CBT is a good thearpy, but also walking, and really make sure your diet is tip top. Im happy to chat if you want xx

Hi natz, I have diagnosed GAD for nearly 4 years now. I take Sertraline 50 mg daily as I weaned off Citalopram when TTC and had basically a break down and had to leave my job. It's pretty much under control again now but I appreciate how hard it is. I also recommend CBT and relaxation techniques for home x

I am diagnosed GAD, depression and OCD. My anxiety was awful in my last pregnancy and I feel it flaring up currently too. I think anxiety in the first 12 weeks for any expecting mother is normal, because the symptoms are awful and the first 3 months are unpredictable.

I would see your doctor as there are pregnancy friendly mood stabilisers you can take or they can recommend therapy sessions to help with the anxiety.

Also anxiety flares up because of your hormone change xx

Hi Natz, I currently take citalopram 10mg, i started these back in December because of extreme anxiety regarding mine and my families well being, i would have bad dreams, panic attacks and starting to get really down. I have spoken to my GP and because it is such a low dose ive been told there's very little risk. My friend was changed over to sertraline as it is considered the safest SSRI whilst pregnant and breast feeding.

I suffered in silence for so long and when i finally saw my GP and got help it felt like a huge weight, the pills were hard work at first as the side effects are similar to early pregnancy ones, but now there in my system i generally never have anxiety and feel quite chilled out about things i would have freaked out at before!

Hope you get it sorted soon xxxx

I just want to give all you girls a big hug for talking about your anxiety on here, i know its hard but we have each others backs

Thankyou all for your replies, it's reassuring for me to know i'm not the only one going through this during pregnancy, i'm slightly calmer today but still on edge, i'm currently on no medication for it just having a camomile tea and a rescue remedy pastille to take the edge off, but us wobblers ( as my friend who also has anxiety affectionately calls us ) need to stick together xxx

You are not alone! You are not alone! I only feel a little better after my last scan which showed my little raspberry chilling out on its back, with cord and strong heartbeat.
You will be ok... I am being referred to a baby group and an anxiety in pregnancy group.
Ask to speak to a doctor. I am not saying don't try mess if doctor advises it, but there are things to support you out there. Check out doctor surgery, or emphasise anxiety to doctor and ask to speak to midwife. I kept telling them about how bad my anxiety was, to the point that I couldn't work and the midwife called me straight back, came to see me and has been amazing ever since and I am only 9+3 now. Xx

Does anyone have panic/anxiety over birth xx

Im not even thinking about labour, dont wanna overload myself too much . Ive had my parents visit today so my anxiety has gone down a bit, i just hope it doesnt return before my thursday scan xx

My anxiety was so bad with my first and the panic attacks come thick n fast but this time im trying to keep cool, its labour that gets me xx

Mine seems to be worse at bedtime,i just can't relax, i can't take sleeping tablets as they're bad for baby, can't wait for these hormones to calm down then hopefully the anxiety will too, its horrible when you've suffered it for years :(xx

Mines alot at night as well, as i suffered night attacks last time..
Have you tried rescue remedy? You can take that xx

I hate that there's so many of us going through this but at the same time glad that I'm not the only one struggling.
I've been suffering with general anxiety for a few years now, and got made redundant at the beginning of the year so am not working which is when it seems to get worse for me, probably as I don't have as much to think about on a daily basis.
Got our first scan on Friday and I'm absolutely terrified. Just hoping all is OK in there.

Mines alot at night as well, as i suffered night attacks last time..
Have you tried rescue remedy? You can take that xx

I've got the pastilles, they take the edge off but i still feel on edge quite a bit, had to resort back to camomile tea to help, it has a bit xx

I hate that there's so many of us going through this but at the same time glad that I'm not the only one struggling.
I've been suffering with general anxiety for a few years now, and got made redundant at the beginning of the year so am not working which is when it seems to get worse for me, probably as I don't have as much to think about on a daily basis.
Got our first scan on Friday and I'm absolutely terrified. Just hoping all is OK in there.

Fingers crossed for you! We have ours Thursday, been having weekly appointments as i mc'd before, hopefully this week we get a heartbeat as we haven't seen one yet. When my anxiety got bad a few years ago i wasn't working, i was terrified at the thought, i still get nervous now even heading work and i'm only a part time cleaner, but i hate being out of my 'safe zone'. It's not fun at all and i think the pregnancy hormones are making me feel worse, hopefully then that placenta takes over it will calm down and i can relax :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back