Anxiety about everything :(

Maaaaaac

Reaction score
This is just getting a little out of hand. Im just so anxious about every tiny thing. If a mc happens i know that there is nothing you can do but its consuming me. Im freaking about everything. How will i cope in work if im sick? How do i word to my manager that im pregnant? What if i cant cope in work? Amigoing to have problems cause im overweight? Ami going to looked down upon by midwives because im overweight? How am i going to afford to live on maternity pay? Am i drinking things that have hidden caffeine? Am i definitely feeling pregnancy symptoms? What if the baby doesn't develop properly? How will i cope with the loss? Honestly my mind is going crazy i must have a thousand what ifs and i cant seem to relax.

Please tell me the worries ease, im hoping its because im just in limbo no appointments no anything booked just waiting to see my gp to get referred. Im so exhausted worrying and cannot seem to settle.

Deep breath! I can't tell you it gets any easier because it doesn't - and once you have the baby the concerns just change focus! My husband always tells me 'what will be, will be' and whilst I know he's right it doesn't stop me worrying. However, you do need to find a way to lessen the anxiety as it won't do you any good being constantly agitated. Can you talk to your partner? x

I agree with purpleslurple .... take a deep breath!
I'm on my 6th pregnancy now after 5 losses and yes it is a very anxious time but you have no reason to think that anything will go wrong, try to relax and enjoy what you are experiencing. I know you're early and might not want to tell anyone but it might be a good idea to confide in your mum this early as it sounds like you need some support for your anxieties and sharing with another woman who has been through pregnancy and all the worries it brings might offer better support to you than your husband/partner?

I usually worry like that too but i agree with the other comments what will be will be. We have to keep positive and it will help with the pregnancy too. Its easier said than done. I understand that all too well

This is so hard and we all have it to a degree. What I can tell you after years of being the most anxious person I know is this: you can't control those thoughts, but you can choose to ignore them. Those thoughts aren't real, they are a demon in your head who has no power unless you choose to believe him. Those thoughts will come and go and they are only a problem when you cling on to them and let them spiral.

I got home from work this morning and broke down. Just cried and cried talked to my husband about it all then it all just dissipated. A few years back i got attacked in work and ended up with severe depression and ptsd (all good now though) it sounds silly but it was almost like my body and mind remembered what it was like to feel that anxious and it just got out of hand. Im back to just normal anxiety lol. I went and had a day trip with my friends and now im going to go home and have a bath.

Im hoping i wont have anything like that again but if i do im gonna get all my old therapy things to help me cope. Thank you all so much. I really dont feel as alone as i did this morning.

Aww Mac. Pregnancy is hard and the unknown is terrifying! I've sadly had three losses and this is going to be my last pregnancy as I can't keep going through it. I've learnt that there's nothing I can do.. Best thing you can do is try to enjoy being pregnant for every say that you are. If anything bad happens, worry about it then. I've booked a private scan for 8w so I know everything's ok as that'll help me believe it's real. We're all here for eachother, so if you need us just shout xxxx

Hey Hun Kholl is right, don't give your thoughts any power just acknowledge them and then carry on with life. I always feel better when I am busy, I have been worrying lots too! It's sooooo hard not to. Don't be too hard on your self either! Plan some nice menus for yourself for the week. Have a look at Martin Lewis website and get all your bills down (he's got a full assessment of your finances) as this is something you can control. Take care xx

Thanks :) this forum has helped me so much you guys are all so kind and helpful :)

Ill def take Martin Lewis tips thanks :):)

Hello all, hope you're OK. This is my first post, got pt last wk, I'm bout 5wks. Really happy but then my dad tells me that his dog has toxoplasmosis. My dad has been ill so I've been helping him out at his house including walking the dogs and clearing up after them. Be been washing my hands with antibacterial soap. Since finding this out is friend has been helping him instead. I called the Dr and they can't fit me in for a blood test until Monday and I can't go anywhere else until I've met the midwife and got signed up which is on Saturday. I'm trying my best to be positive. The midwife said that most ppl are immune and suggesed waiting til my 8 week blood tests but I really want to know asap. Since finding out I've had a bit of diarreah on and off, getting really hot at night and before I knew I was pregnant, insomnia which has returned this week. Any tips on the insomnia? Any comments/responses welcome. Thank you xx

Hello all, hope you're OK. This is my first post, got pt last wk, I'm bout 5wks. Really happy but then my dad tells me that his dog has toxoplasmosis. My dad has been ill so I've been helping him out at his house including walking the dogs and clearing up after them. Be been washing my hands with antibacterial soap. Since finding this out is friend has been helping him instead. I called the Dr and they can't fit me in for a blood test until Monday and I can't go anywhere else until I've met the midwife and got signed up which is on Saturday. I'm trying my best to be positive. The midwife said that most ppl are immune and suggesed waiting til my 8 week blood tests but I really want to know asap. Since finding out I've had a bit of diarreah on and off, getting really hot at night and before I knew I was pregnant, insomnia which has returned this week. Any tips on the insomnia? Any comments/responses welcome. Thank you xx

I think most cats carry toxoplasmosis, but I'm not sure about dogs. I have three cats and have been still looking after them, although I don't do the litter tray. As long as you wash your hands, I'm sure you'll be fine. Please try not to stress xxx

Last edited:

The diarrhoea could be cause by anxiety if it has only started from you finding out. Just a heads up might be nothing. I know it is so hard not to be anxious trust me i know but just try and keep calm until you know for sure. Make sure you rest plenty and have good hand hygiene just in case. The anxiety of all of this probably wont help your insomnia but anything i tell you im sure you know. Try a bath before bed (not hot though, lukewarm is best) dont eat or do exercise before bed cause it keeps you up. No activities before bed try and keep a routine, no phones computers tv in bedroom.

Hope you get a blood test id def push for it to give you peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back