Antibiotics & diarrhoea

AmyQ

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Evan is on antibiotics for a little infection in his bellybutton. Started yesterday and now I'm getting paranoid he may have a little diarrhoea. He is breastfeed only so I know his stools are normally very loose but today they have seemed looser and more watery.

Just wanted some advice as to what I should look out for cos he is only just over 3 weeks old and I'm a paranoid new mummy! If only he could tell me.

Thanks xx

Metronidazole 0.5ml twice a day for 10 days

One side effect of antibiotics is upset tummy. If breatfed babies have upset tummy their poo changes colour from yellow to green

Metronidazole has a lot of tummy side effects I'm afraid, perfectly normal but def not nice. Hope he gets better soon

Xx

Not sure whether it's the antibiotics or something else, but his wee is a little strong too.

Ethans just been on antibiotics for tonsillitis.. He was on amoxycillin and that gave him a really upset stomach and diarrhea (up to 10 dirty nappies a day!). Think a lot of antibiotics can cause an upset tummy, but if you're worried, maybe get him checked by gp? xx

After he has finished consider probiotics. Antibiotics can have quite long term effects on the digestion for some. Of course BFing will go a long way to restore a healthy balance too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back