Anti reflux milk

northerngirl

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried the Aptamil anti reflux milk? I've followed the guidelines of how much water and powder but it's so thick it won't even dissolve it just stays in big lumps, even with an extra 100ml of water it's too thick, what's wrong with it??

I use SMA so not sure but could the temp be too cool?
I use the prep machine which gives 2 oz shot of boiling water then I mix in the powder (which dissolves immediately) then it tops up with cooler filtered water.
Maybe try using boiling water to dissolve it then top up with more? X

I used the Cow and Gate anti-reflux milk - it sometimes would clog the bottle teat. I changed from TT bottles to MAM bottles with a 3 or X teat and it worked so much better. I did need to properly shake it for ages to ensure it's not all in huge clumps. I found swirling the bottle after each scoop of formula helped prevent larger clumps

I also bought http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prince-Lion...&qid=1433446257&sr=8-1&keywords=formula+mixer which i used to use, it saved you shaking til your arms are about to fall off.

I had enfamil AR on prescription it was fab mixes like normal formula in cool water and thickens when it reaches the baby's stomach acid. My baby was so different on it. Plus it was free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back