Anti colic bottles

queenriccy

Reaction score
Hi girls,

We use normal tommee tippe bottles for Olly, he has really bad trapped wind and the hv showed me a few exercises to do with him to try and release but we aren't winning. I also use infacol and gripe water but we still have 2 occasions threw the day, tea time and around 8/9ish at night where he will scream for an hour.

I'm kind of at the end of my tether with it and really considering changing his bottles - iv read loads of reviews that say the tomme tippe bottles give colic.

Anyone who has had the same thing could you please give me some advice

He is 5 weeks

Xxx

Hey Queenriccy, Tom Tippee do anti colic teats for all their bottles - I've been using them for my LO for about 7 or 8 weeks now and that combined with comfort milk has sent the colic packing!! :) xxx

I'm going through the same thing hun.

My LO is 8 weeks tomorrow and has awful awful wind, so bad that you can hear/feel it bubbling in his guts :( He use to be in pain all the time but we currently have it to only mornings now.

We started of on the normal tommee tippee closer to nature bottles, then moved onto the new tommee tippee comfort bottles (the vented ones, like Dr Browns) and were currently on the Dr Browns bottles now.

Save your money hun and go straight for the Dr Brown bottles, the others were just cheaper versions and didn't do any good. The Dr Brown bottles haven't eradicated the wind but his episodes are now only once a day, which i think is because he's a lazy winder at night (to busy trying to sleep to give his wind up!)

I did used the infacol but found it was rubbish so we changed to dentinox, i put it into his milk so he doesn't know he's having it. I started off using it a every feed but now only use it in the evenings and at his AM feed as thats were the wind is coming from. And i also use gripe water if really needed and a few mouthfuls of warm cooled boiled water helps to get the wind up too.

It's a pain in the bum, but i think we have a method that for now seems to be working or at least is easing it.

It's all trial and error hun, if your gonna try anything tho try the Dr Browns bottles. Hope you find something that works for you, it's awful seeing them in so much pain. x xx

I breastfed but she has ocassional bottles....we used MAM and have never had problems with them. I know alot who formula fed have used MAM and swear by them! Google them and have a look at the reviews :) alot of people say they leak but if you put them together properly they work perfect xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hiya

We had the same issues with Jules when she was newborn. We used the MAM anti colic bottles (and still do coz we love them!) they worked for us! But not by themselves, after trying gripe water, infacol, colic massage etc etc, we got onto Colief which was a god send! It's expensive and a bit of a faff to get used to but it really helped Jules, in act I didn't wean her off it til around 5 months!

I'd say give it a try if you haven't already and if it does work, ask for it on prescription from your gp which is what we did.

Jill x x

Harry had severe colic for the first 7 weeks. We switched to Dr Browns bottles an squirted infacol inside every feed and he was so much better x

Another one for doctor browns!
We had an awful first couple of weeks with wind and after we switched to these he was like a different baby!

Thanks girls. I'm going to go out to mothercare today and buy the dr browns bottles

Xx

Word of warning hun, don't put the lid on the bottle if the water is boiling hot or pressure builds up inside the blue stem and the water will leak out! Also we don't shake the formula up and down but side to side or it'll leak. They don't tell you that in the instructions! x

We breastfeed & give expressed milk. He was on the tommee tippee bottles but his wind was awful even using infacol. So we moved to Dr Brown's and it has vastly improved! Still a bit windy, but much much better x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Bought them yesterday and he is like a different baby .. No screaming yesterday at all :)Also he doesn't end up with milk running down the side of his gob every feed. And his wind comes up straight away

Thank u so much xxx

We changed to Dr Browns too and it helped massively. We saw an improvement straightaway too x

I just need to say thank you for this thread - switched to DR browns and Oskar is a different baby! No screaming and he's not in pain with his wind!

Thank you!

xxx

Olly is like a different baby now.

Thank you so much and can't recommend the bottles enough
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member