Anterior placenta

Justjo89

Reaction score
Hiya,

I'm currently 18+2 and had a scan at 16 weeks.
I found out my placenta is currently at the front and read that movements of the baby won't be felt for a long time.
Is anyone else in the same boat? Feeling abit gutted as I've been so excited to feel the first movements and now worried I won't feel anything for ages.

I also had an anterior placenta and felt the first flutter at around 19 weeks, and that was only because my fat cat laid down on my belly and probably crushed my DD.
It then took a while before I really started to feel her kicks. I could feel her more on the sides of my belly rather than in front.

I will not say it doesn't suck because it really does but the bigger they get, the more you feel them.x

I had an anterior placenta with my first and never really felt him move, but I think this was made worse by the fact I only have half a uterus so the placenta covered the whole of the front! On a positive note I had no idea how much babies actually moved until this one and find sleeping much harder this time xx

I had an anterior placenta with my first and never really felt him move, but I think this was made worse by the fact I only have half a uterus so the placenta covered the whole of the front! On a positive note I had no idea how much babies actually moved until this one and find sleeping much harder this time xx

I guess I didn't think of it that way in regards to the sleeping. I just don't want the constant worrying if I never feel anything and thinking something's wrong. Half hoping it moves slightly as time goes on, I have my 20 week scan in 2 weeks so I'll find out what the latest is.

I had one. Felt proper kicks at 21 weeks. All normal, you’ll feel bub like everyone else once they’re big enough x

I have one. I felt proper movements around 21-22 weeks. I find lying on my side in the opposite side can be quite painful and I think maybe because gravity is pulling the extra weight. I found w pregnancy wedge helps.

I did go in for monitoring once so far. I hadn’t felt baby all morning but when I went in it turned out he was back to back. He was moving just not as much as normal. He has been fine since and don’t think it messes with movements now he’s bigger. I feel him ALOT.

Also had an anterior placenta and like others didn't feel proper movement until 21-22 weeks but I absolutely did feel plenty after that!!

I also didn’t feel proper movements until around 22 weeks x

I couldn't believe the difference in the movements in this pregnancy compared to last time when I had an anterior placenta! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back