Anterior Placenta

Emmalina

Reaction score
Apparently my placenta is anterior! so it may mean i cant feel baby as much as i should. has anyone else got the same is it anything to worry about? they didnt say anything about it being low lying which i imagine they would if its a problem?

I have a high anterior placenta hun. Belly button upwards.
Itll just keep fetting higher the bigger baby gets.
From about 20/30weeks ull get the movements but some wont feel as strong and some u dnt feel at all.
Infact ive ended up the hosp a few times for reduced movement but its just from him changin position and kicking into placenta.

U will most definately feel kicks tho hun.
I have his feet in my ribs all the time, hands punching my cervix and bladder lol and when hes laying on his side he kicks his feet out to my sides and they poke out. Cute but painful lolol!

So dnt worry at all. U wont miss out on that many kicks, they just feel duller some days than others.

And if u experience any bleeding, call ur hosp cos it may mean the plancenta has dropped lower, theyll need to check that as u may need a c section.
But 9/10 it rises up higher as it grows and thats 100% normal xxx

Thank you, its the unknown for me and I thought I had felt baby low down, still hoping thats the case. they didnt say low rising at the scan so do you think they will need to check again or just leave it? its all so confusing but thank you so much for your reply its made me feel much better, i was worried i would be higher risk because of it or would miss out on movements etc xxx

Im the same too, above belly button at front & ive had no problems with it so far. Was told kicks would be softer & more cushioned but its my first so i suppose i dont know any better. My little one is really active so i feel them lots & low down. Its currently breech so im hoping it will move its bum in the next few weeks! Just ask at your nxt appointment if ur worried or need more info x

Thank you, its the unknown for me and I thought I had felt baby low down, still hoping thats the case. they didnt say low rising at the scan so do you think they will need to check again or just leave it? its all so confusing but thank you so much for your reply its made me feel much better, i was worried i would be higher risk because of it or would miss out on movements etc xxx

If they didnt say its low lying and say u have to come back then ur perfectly fine hun and its out the way :)
I was the same cos it was from my 20wk scan.. They didnt even tell me the position i just found it written in back of my notes.
But i was reassured when i asked MW and ive had growth scans since and it just gets higher.
Having an anterior placenta is very common and very normal.
Ur not classed as high risk hun.

It only if it was covering cervix a u cant give birth to is 1st so ud just have a c section.

If ur still worried mention it to MW on next appoibtment.
But u shoul be fine :) xx

I have a high anterior placenta too. All the early movements I felt were low down - I am feeling them higher now though.

I have an anterior placenta too and echo exactly what the others have said. You do feel movements but it can be low down initally. I now have full on arms and feet poking out at 39 weeks so that doesnt change. This is my first so nothing to compare it to but it hasnt bern a worry for me!!

I felt my daughters first flutters at 11+2 so was shocked to be told i had an anterior plancenta! It never stopped me feeling anything that i can remember.

I have an anterior placenta too. It's extremely common so no need to worry. At first I felt kicks and movement low down and probably not quite as much as with my other pregnancies, but now I'm feeling nudges, elbows, feet, her sticking her bum out all over the place lol :) xx

I also have anterior placenta, I feel regular movement now but it's only subtle x

I too have an anterior placenta its very common... i feel regular movement but its only now started to get stronger xx

i have had it both times, mffles movements a bit bu t noo too badly, felt this one from 12 weeks despite the placenta, its just that the movements dont feel as strong as they would if the placenta was posterior

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back