Antenatal Classes

Littlemo

Reaction score
Hiya

i have eventually got around to looking at the classes available via the NHS and the ones in my local area are held on a Friday 10-12.

I thought the idea was that your birthing partner attend but he has to work. Were your classes on a working day during standard working hours?

Were they worth going to?

There are some NCT ones on a sat but we would have to pay for those.

Mine are NHS and there were a couple of options and so going on an evening. But I did have to book early. I start tomorrow so Fx it's good. NHS ones vary I think! We couldn't really afford nct. X

Nhs was only in the day time on a set date they gave u work should give him time off to attend. Tho my hubby didn't bother Our nct ones were an evening and weekend combination course so he was able to and found them invaluable I found nhs ones covered basics but severely lacking where as nct I feel more relaxed and prepared. Nct if u do them will do discounts for low income and also you can pay in installments we left it to late and earn too much so was a big whack of money but ya know I genuinly think it was worth it x

we had an option of only evening or weekend classes!

you might want to get your OH to check his HR policy. Some companies let men take time off for classes, my hubbys company lets him have 2 days off for antenatal (But he's not using them)

We did book NCT but had to cancel as they were spread over 5-6 weeks and hubby couldn't make all of them due to his shifts. Bit gutted as I think the NCT ones would have been really good.

I can't say for all the NHS courses, but a friend and a cousin who used them said they barely covered anything useful. It may differ in different areas though. We booked NCT as they were evenings and weekends and they were really good. We paid £158 for 16.5 hours, so it wasn't cheap, but they automatically put £40 worth of NCT membership on the price which you don't need so we removed the option.

I had been toying with the idea of a 4D scan when we booked our course, which would have cost £90, so in the end I decided against the scan and to use the money towards the course. I'm glad I did.

Thanks all. I'll get hubby to ask at work but he has only been there 3 months s not all the policies have kicked in and we don't want to take the pi**.

Loathed to pay out again, we always seems to be paying put when others get stuff for free!

X

I went to mine last Friday with the nhs, it was 9-3 and I loved every minute the woman was very helpful and informative xx

Mine are NHS ones and they're on Saturday at 7pm xx

My NHS ones were brilliant - it varies from place to place though.

We actually went to lots, one set with community mws, and one set at birthing unit. Very different but both good.

Even if he's not been there long it's worth him asking - worse they can do us say no. But a lot of ladies go to classes on there own.

Personally my OH wasn't interested in pain relief, bf info etc - his view was its my pain I decide. I just passed in info I thought he needed .

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back