Antenatal classes

flisstebbs

Reaction score
I got given a leaflet on these by the mw yesterday at my 16 week check.

Anyone found them any good? Which bits were helpful?

i really want to go to some classes but no one has mentioned any to me :( going to ask to speak to someone tomorrow at my scan! xx

My midwife booked me on to some at my appointment last week x

I had to ask my midwife at my 20 week appointment (she had forgot to mention them!) I'm signed up to the NHS ones - sounds like they cover things about labour/signs of labour/different types of birth, breast feeding, looking after the baby, etc. My classes aren't booked in until about a month before my due date x

I signed up to Parent Craft classes, its just two classes and I think its the basics about labour and looking after the baby. It on NHS too x

We have signed up to some through NCT, you have to pay but they fall at more convenient (after work) times than the Nhs ones in my area x

My MW has signed me up to NHS ones but they don't start until 21st Aug. it's 2 hrs per week on a Thursday evening so I'll see how they go :) x

My nhs is done in one day which is going to be tiring. Go in August. Then in sept I have a breastfeeding workshop when in 37 weeks! Think every area is different so best to ask midwife what they cover but sure what ever it is will be interesting and worth doing. Xx

I am going to be asking my midwife next week about them. I looked at NCT classes, but I can't afford £170! Would rather get what I can for free and figure the rest out. Makes me sound cheap, but I have a baby to save for ;)

I think I am going to do some NCT ones, but it is more to meet other mums than anything else!

I get a couple of free NCT ones, an early pregnancy one which is next week and 6 hours which I have to send forms off after 20 week scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back