Antenatal Classes etc

maidenheadgirl

Reaction score
Hi All
Newbie here! I am six weeks at the moment. I was wondering when do you start antenatal classes and stuff? Also how do you meet other parents expecting around the same time as you?

Antenatal classes don't start till 30+ weeks in my area. They are free on nhs you can do a NCT class but you have to pay for those and they are alot. If you go to your local centre they do coffee mornings which are free and you can meet people local to you.
Good luck

Thanks Bluegrass. oh I didn't realise it was that late in the pregnancy. How do I find out about the NHS classes would you know?

Here you start them after 28 weeks, but we are told to book at around 20 weeks to make sure you get a place. If you wait til 28 weeks to book you might not get a place on the ones before your due date.
However you can start going to things like pregnancy yoga and aqua-natal classes as early as you like.

Thanks Bluegrass. oh I didn't realise it was that late in the pregnancy. How do I find out about the NHS classes would you know?

When I had my booking in appointment I got a load of booklets made by the NHS or my hospital (about screening tests & baby care etc) and there was an A4 print out/poster with details of all the ante natal classes they run.

I'm sure your midwife will give you the info at one of your appointments.

Like above, they don't start until 28/30week mark. Just mention them to your midwife that your interested and she will put your name down. That's all I had to do.xx

Hello, i am doing a dissertation of alternative therapy in pregnancy and was wondering if anyone could help me by answering some questions on it please, all responses will be gratefully received
thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back