ante natal..?

youngmumtobe20

Reaction score
im just wondering when ante natal normally starts? i had an appointment today and forgot to ask the midwife but i'll be 30/31 weeks at my next appointment and wouldve thought that i'd at least have been talked to about it before that point cos from what i can tell you need to book them normally.

by the way will officially be joining you on wednesday :cheer:

My first one was last week... 29/39 weeks... but I was like the tiniest bump there.... so I think you should start later, just I won't see my midwife now till December as the hospital are dealing with me mostly now..

With Tia my classes didn't start till I was gone 34 weeks...

Besides they aren't that important honestly, most of the info you can get off the internet or ask your midwife directly... you're better spending your time going to aquanatal classes, pregnancy yoga, hypnobirthing... which will be more beneficial to you during labour... but then they cost money of course... :(

fingers crossed for u midna, dont mean this in a bad way but hopefully wont see u here on wednesday lol :lol: ok so no need to worry about it yet, just cluesless about the birth so was kinda panicking a bit lol.

I'm starting aquanatal the first week of dec, cant go til then cos the classes clash with work

my m/wife told me they usually start around 30weeks and there are 5 sessions, we dont start ours till 35weeks though as they were booked up so hopefully we will get all 5 in before baby arrives!!!!

If you're wanting to go to them I would bring it up with your MW if you don't hear anything before your next appt. My MW never mentioned them to me, but I wasn't interested anyway, just bring it up if its something you want to do, but I agree with Squiglet in that aquanatal classes, pregnancy yoga, and in my experience hypnobirthing classes, will be more beneficial, very best wishes youngmumtobe20 :hug:

They haven' mentioned my nhs ones yet- hopefully they will on Friday when I have my check- I will be 31+3w then!

we have nct classes this weekend but we have booked them privately

If you would like to go, you should ring and ask, mine were booked at my 20 week apointment

I'm sure people know this but you're legally entitled to time off work for aquanatal, pregnancy yoga etc. If you need a note then your midwife should be able to give you one, or physio if you're seeing someone for SPD etc.

I held out for a while as work is BUSY (6 weeks till mat leave, yikes) but I went to my first aquanatal class last week, 10.30 on a tuesday morning. I felt so naughty but afterwards it was fantastic - no exaggeration to say I felt like a new woman. I got on so well with work in the afternoon and spent an extra hour there, it was fantastic for my productivity & really made me feel well.

So I have no qualms about putting my aquanatal classes in my work diary now! (Actually they're down as "antenatal" to avoid people being stupid about it :roll: but no-one minds when I tell them where I'm really going)

mine have been booked in for beginning of jan when ill be 38 weeks when they finish :lol:
was on the border line of classes so chose the latter date incase i forget.

Okaasan said:
I'm sure people know this but you're legally entitled to time off work for aquanatal, pregnancy yoga etc. If you need a note then your midwife should be able to give you one, or physio if you're seeing someone for SPD etc.

I held out for a while as work is BUSY (6 weeks till mat leave, yikes) but I went to my first aquanatal class last week, 10.30 on a tuesday morning. I felt so naughty but afterwards it was fantastic - no exaggeration to say I felt like a new woman. I got on so well with work in the afternoon and spent an extra hour there, it was fantastic for my productivity & really made me feel well.

So I have no qualms about putting my aquanatal classes in my work diary now! (Actually they're down as "antenatal" to avoid people being stupid about it :roll: but no-one minds when I tell them where I'm really going)

i could go to aquanatal but its a family business and would be letting my dad down, i only have a few weeks to wait tho i spose so its not a big problem. i'll mention ante natal to my midwife at my next appointment, just wana be a bit more prepared for the birth as i really dont have a clue what im doing and dont like going into things without planning and at least kinda knowing what to expect, even tho when the time comes i expect i'll just have to go with the flow lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back