Ante natal class

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by emmabeg, Feb 6, 2012.

1. emmabeg

emmabeg Well-Known Member

I have my first one 2morrow, go on my own for 3 weeks and hubby comes for the last one. Anyone any idea what I should expect to be happening? :confused: x

2. Nonabean

Nonabean Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but my first class was all about recognising the early signs of labour, and coping mechanisms for before you go into the hospital. The second was all about pain relief, and the third week was feeding. This week we covered what the Health Visitors role is, and how to interact with the baby. xx

3. pixie17

pixie17 Well-Known Member

mine was the same. are you worried about going on your own? there are 6 couples in our class. sometimes their OH are there, sometimes not. At the last one, my OH was the only bloke there.....being educated on breast feeding lol

4. emmabeg

emmabeg Well-Known Member

Not really, everyone goes on their own for the first three weeks. Oh dear ur poor OH must have had a red face that day !!!!! X

5. mummy2b19

mummy2b19 Well-Known Member

there were 2 other men at my breast feeding one plus my OH, they told him not to come but he insisted said that it would be good for him to learn because if I was struggling he can suggest ways to help which I think is a good point, he did refuse to hold a doll in breast feeding positions though said it felt didn't feel right pretending to breast feed a doll lol xx