Another pram thread...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by fairyprincess, Apr 5, 2016.

1. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

Sorry, I know there are lots of pram threads out there but I was wondering if anyone has/is thinking of buying the Hauck Lacrosse All-in-one travel system? Any reviews or opinions?

Attached Files:

2. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

I seen this one and actually really liked the teal and red (not going for colours now though) perhaps black, navy or a grey pram. However after visiting mothercare and seeing all the other prams I thought I liked from looking online I hated.

So I am going to a bigger pram shop and will look at it if they have it. Have you tested it in a shop yet? It wasnt in our mothercare sadly but have seen some good prices on it on various sites.

xxxx

#2 russellmuscle, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  3. fairyprincess

I'm in love with the teal but like the black also. Can't find it in any stores near me though to test x

4. russellmuscle

Aw damn. I seen one for sale at the baby event I went but didnt test it as wasnt really in pram mode then and as it was second hand I wasnt like drawn to it.

Ive more noticed either in real life the carrycots seem smaller and lower down that some seem in the pics and other ones I seen like the icandy the wheels were mega bulky. So I like that the wheels and chassis seems light and not too clunky.

Im thinking of something all black or like a grey or navy, so that any blanket or cosey toes etc can fit in and will go.

xxxx

5. fairyprincess

There's some gorgeous grey prams out there! I just keep coming back to this one and as you said it's really affordable on a lot of the websites and would mean we wouldn't have to buy 2nd hand x

6. russellmuscle

Theres some youtube demo vids, I am forever watching pram reviews on there. You come across others ypu may not have seen.

Ickle bubba stomp seems quite popular on utube. Few reviews on that.

On the hauk demo I seen a lovely grey and cream hauk lacrosse with grey dots in the hood. Looked lovely and simple.

Not seen that one online yet though.

Hauk is quite reptutable, if you like the look etc Im sure itll be lovely and sturdy.

xxxx

#6 russellmuscle, Apr 5, 2016
  7. fairyprincess

Ickle bubba stomp was the one I originally had my eye on but it's just a tad more expensive than the Hauck. Not ruled it out yet though. I'll go check out the vids on YouTube x

8. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I don't have this travel system, however I have just bought a Hauck and found them surprisingly good quality.

9. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

I got a zoom from mammas and papas and got the maxi cosi to fit it.

10. Cookie24

Cookie24 Well-Known Member

I had a hauck travel pram but had to send it back within 2months as the brakes broke so I personal wouldn't go
    for that brand again, i brought the maxi cosi Elea pram and that's lasted me really well and going to use it for this baby too just going to get a new car seat and carrycot for it

However it's totally up to you X

#10 Cookie24, Apr 5, 2016
  11. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend Hauck either. I had a hauck with last and ended up buying a new pram after 3 months. It was awful to push, the wheels had a mind of their own and it was just cheaply made. I will try out a few this time and probably do the pay by instalments. Would rather have a decent pram & pay the little bit extra.
    I made the mistake of trying to do it on the cheap last time & here I am with a 23 month old & on pushchair number 3. Would have been cheaper to splash out at the start.

x

12. russellmuscle

My first pram was a Bonito Bebe, which I think was £350 for the travel system all in.

I used it until Jackson was 10 month and physically outgrew the thing! (hes a tall baby) we switched to a stroller for convenience by then anyway.

We never had any break or wheel issues. I think its all about finding the best quality of pram for the price.

I was contemplating an icandy - not now because I hate the frame and wheels - but on researching them, I found a couple handfuls of "bad" reviews on them including wheels coming off, break issues, handle bar issues and baby growing out really quickly. So I don't think its fair to say spending the extra buck always ensures quality. It can vary from pram and person, ofcourse what you use it for!

xxxx

#12 russellmuscle, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  13. fairyprincess

Ok, now I'm just confused! X

14. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

I had a hauck with my 1st and never again would I buy one.
    To put the car seat attachment onto the pram was a pain. After 6 months I bought a petit star stroller which I used until it broke and my little girl was 3 and a half.

15. MrsW84

MrsW84 Well-Known Member

Why don't you go to John Lewis or somewhere and try them all out ?
    We thought we liked the stokke one until I saw it in real life x

16. Aes1990

Aes1990 Well-Known Member

I bought the silver cross 3D last night! It's so light and I got a black and yellow special edition one. It's gorgeous!

17. russellmuscle

I liked the black and yellow one of them. Dont see many yellow prams in Scotland lol.

xxxxx

18. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

The Pram I bought for my son was a graco symbio b, it's been fantastic and I'll definitely be using it again and highly recommend

19. Slb24

Slb24 Well-Known Member

I've never tried the Hauck prams. But I had the venicci viva with my daughter and it's amazing! There are new models out and they're gorgeous! If I get that far I will be buying another one :) the suspension on them is great, it literally bumps up curbs without moving the baby and it's easy to push with one hand. Loads of room for baby and tons of storage too! [​IMG]

I hope you find a pram you love!! Xx

20. Emmam1982

Emmam1982 Well-Known Member

This is the exact pram I've ordered...picking it up in a few hours xx