Another one for dummy users

pandabear

Reaction score
Morning ladies, right u give Ava a dummy for naps and at nite time. Last 5 nights or so she has been waking up numerous times when the dummy has fallen out, i have been popping it back in and she's fine, but last nite it happened about 20 times!! She has been sleeping through since about 10 weeks.Is there anything I can do, or is weaning her off the dummy now the only option??
Any advice please!! X

I don't think there is much you can do, unless you do wean her off it. My LO was the same but eventually she learnt to put it back in herself. She now goes to bed with 3 dummies, one gets thrown out at some point, she is normally lying on one and the other she manages to keep. But she is nearly 9 months now, so its taken time.

We clip the dummy to lo, started it during the day and after a coue of weeks she could find it in her sleep. I always clip it to the left shoulder and used a short clip. I know some people don't agree with them sleeping with a dummy clip but it works for us

How old is she? When my LO was between 12 and 17 weeks, she'd wake every hour or so for her dummy, she also woke again in the night to feed and was a nightmare to get to sleep. Then one night at about 18 weeks it just all stopped and went back to normal. She may wake once in the night for her dummy but that's all so we put it down to sleep regression/growth spurt.x

James still hasn't got the hang of putting his own dummy back in so he'll waken a few times in the night (sometimes once or twice, other nights every hour!)

We've gone for the bigger size dummies now but he doesn't like them :wall2:

xxxxxx

She is 14 weeks. She has the advent ones, so do u think i should try another brand?
She doesn't wake up compleatly just sorta moans until I pop it back in.
Little pickle
Thanks xx

I found at that stage the Nuby cherry dummies stayed in a lot better. In fact they are still Freyas favourite as they have a natural sooky reflex action thing. She only gets them at night time though as she has 6 teeth now.

if you are brave enough, wean baby off them. We still have her waking through the night now, and not settling till a dummy is back in her mouth.

Just be careful that it's deffo the dummy she's waking up for. If my LO wakes more than 2-3 times in the night, I offer a feed or a drink, especially in this heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back