Another infection..sorry for tmi :(

amanda maxwell

Reaction score
Ive never had so many infections down below in all my life, its really starting to make me feel dirty :(

I went for my GTT test last week, when I gave a wee sample to the nurse she said it didn't look right and that I probably had a water infection. That was a couple of weeks ago. I thought id hear back from them by now.

At the weekend it sort of all flared up down below....like the lips were all swollen and itchy, but I couldn't scratch them cos it really hurt and was red raw. It made me really uncomfortable, hard to walk normally and sit down. Its also been really dry down there for ages, which puts me right off having sex, much to the oh's disappointment haha

Ive got a doctors appointment booked for tomorrow. Ive been wearing always panty liners for a few weeks now because when I cough, sneeze wee comes out lol. Do u think theres anything in the liner that's causing the irritation?

Has anyone else experienced this? I have 2 showers a day, but its making me feel really unclean :(

Yea i have. I got some thrush treatment yesterday and that seemed to have calmed it down.
It's still a bit uncomfortable though, kinda like a friction burn like my knickers are too tight?? Does that make spencer??
I've got my whooping cough on Wednesday so was going to ask the nurse if it hasn't cleared up.
I hope u get some answers tomorrow Hun xx

I had thrush a couple of months ago and have used some of the cream for it last night which seemed to have calmed it down. Its a right pain as it keeps reoccurring. Hope they can give me some answers tomorrow and something to deal with it. Im just worried that's its been there for a while as its not healthy to have these infections whilst carrying a baby. Good luck with the whooping cough injection. its stings a bit and aches for a few days, but yh ask the nurse when u have it anyway :) xx

Ahhh I'm scared haha. I hate injections! Let us know how u get on tomorrow! I'm intrigued because it sounds like we have the same symptoms x

Could well be the pantyliners as i've had that reaction with perfumed ones before! Hope it clears up hun. The dr will probably check your urine again. Xx

Been to see the doc. She said my GTT test came back normal which meant my wee sample was normal. She said pregnant women get lots of things happening down below as the body is changing and if the canesten cream worked to carry on using it. She took a swab anyway. She did mention bex that perfumed pantyliners may irritate down below so stick to the non-perfumed ones. She did say my 'bits' looked normal lol :) xxx Hope everything went well Lau xxx

Ah that's good news Amanda. Makes you feel a bit better i hope!
I was using fragranced panty liners, wore an unfragranced one instead because of what you said umbongo, and I have no irritation at all today.
Yay!!
Xx

Yeah its put my mind at rest :) just gotta ring em up next week to get results. Its horrible when your mind goes into overdrive and u think everything is harming your baby. Unscented from now on, need em cos any cough, sneeze or laughing causes me to tinkle lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back