another dog attack...

She said: "The dog was about a foot away and it just pounced on and mauled her. It bit her and ragged her around the kitchen.

it is an awful thing to happen but dont believe for a second this happend for no reason! my OH's daughter constantly annoys my dog and wont listen when told not to touch him or leave him alone dogs are animals and dont understand things

im not saying its ok for a dog to just attack but there will be more to it

:roll: Same deal that there is with the media... they get one story that inspires the public interest, sells papers etc.. and the media latch onto it for dear life and milk it for all it's worth, going out of their way to pervert and twist the facts of stories so as to make it seem things are a lot worse than they are when in fact nothing has changed.

Dogs have been attacking humans on a regular basis for centuries... nothing has changed in the past couple of weeks... other than the media seem to LOVE these dog attack stories.. :roll:

As GGG said in a previous thread, more people get bitten by people than dogs in the average week, but people biting people doesn't sell papers... :roll:

u dont see the stories of labs and dalmations biting tho do u? :roll:

always rotts, staffys or jack russells :roll:

I def dont think the dog just 'pounced' either

Poor little girl it must have been terrifying :(
The dog shouldn't have been allowed to roam around a party getting aggravated.

u dont see the stories of labs and dalmations biting tho do u?

always rotts, staffys or jack russells
I feel sorry for rotts because they can be good family dogs but they are usually the culprits :doh:

It doesn't help when thugs arrange dog fights involving rotts.. i watched a programme on it one night and I was nearly sick. All the rotts wanted to do was please their owners and defend them :cry: :cry: Never going to watch anything like that again, too upsetting for me.

I dont think rotts are the usual culprits, I just think they make the papers more and can do more damage. Smaller dogs are far more likely to bite/nip and although rotty attacks are rare they do tend to do damage when they attack which will get reported. Smaller dogs just dont make the papers.

i think personally the dogs owner should be held up for this, what on earth was the dog doing just wandering around.

I think with rottis they need experienced owners who can handle them. Theres more to this then meets the eye.

Poor rottis, no one is going to want one the way the papers are making thm out to be murderous dogs.

Its just a sad coincedense that this has happened so close to Archies death. :cry:

I wouldnt leave my kids alone with a dog wandering loose around at ANY time, no matter what the breed. I had staffords and although they were soft as shite they could get exciteable and could easily knock a kid over then they could bang their head etc etc so dogs went outside if kids ever came round.

definatly something else going on here....
they dnot just attack for no reason.
cant dogs attack just by staring in their eyes or something?
Yes there does seem to be alot going on atm but like you say, once the media gets one story, loads of stories come in about it (think it could be too that the parents os the people know that they will be able to sell a sotry)
Personally i wouldnt have a rotti or staff...but even with a collie or labrador im sure that it could still happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back