another child mauled and killed by a 'dog'

budge

Reaction score
just what will it take to start the cull of these killing dogs. :(

the owners all say the same

''it had never laid a finger on anyone before'' ''it was as soft as a brush''

pah!!!

rottweilders aren't pets!!! :x

My neighbour's when I was younger had 2 rottweilers and they were the softest cuddliest dogs you could ever wish for :?

I really don't think you can go around murdering a whole breed of dog just cos some people are irresponsible owners. :(

I do find the story heartbreaking though, that little boy is so beautiful and it's not fair that this happened to him.

rottweilders aren't pets!!!

Disagree. My dad had them when I was younger and we had no problems with them. My personal opinion is that as long as they're treated with respect then like all breeds of dogs they're fine.
It's very sad that the child was killed by a dog, but I don't agree culling them will do any good. It would be like scrapping all cars if a child was killed in an accident by a car driven by an irresponsible driver.

I wondered how long it would take for the backlash to begin again.

my sister has 2 of them both adults and both weigh in at over 8 stone they are huge
she also has a 5 year old and 10 year old children and the dogs have never so much growled at the children or any other child for that matter
saying that i will not leave my baby with the dogs because i just wont leave my baby with any animal not even my mothers cats as they are known to sit on babies :shock:
all animals can damage a child sadly some worse then others
manda xx

Kina said:
I wondered how long it would take for the backlash to begin again.

Me too.

Labs kill more people per year than rotties, want them culled too Budge?

sod it, lets just kill every animal with teeth!!!!

You cant blame the animals, its a bad owner that makes a bad dog. Maybe the owners should be culled instead.

im not a dog lover and would be hgappy to see all non working dogs culled.

budge said:

I don't particularly like Budgies, but I wouldn't want to see them all killed. Thats hardly an intelligent argument is it.

What I think, that you can never forget, that the dog is an animal. That is why I will never leave Dan even for a second with my mums labrador (who was originally mine and whom I trained and whom I know from a little puppy). I love dogs, but they are dogs, and you never know, what will get in their head.

glitzyglamgirl said:
budge said:

I don't particularly like Budgies, but I wouldn't want to see them all killed. Thats hardly an intelligent argument is it.

:rotfl: and how many budgies do you see ragging a small child around with thier teeth and then killing it ???

your statement is hardly intelligent either GGG :rotfl: in fact its laughable.

How anyone can stand up for a dog over the safetly and welfare of a child is beyond me.

And its so easy to blame the owners isn't it.

once a dog like that has lost the plot and decided to maul something or someone then then no owner could possible hope to control it.
Dogs like that a killing machines not pets.

Carina said:
What I think, that you can never forget, that the dog is an animal. That is why I will never leave Dan even for a second with my mums labrador (who was originally mine and whom I trained and whom I know from a little puppy). I love dogs, but they are dogs, and you never know, what will get in their head.
spot on! can't blame it one the owners in all cases.

i know people who have been really careful owners and had a god for years without it snapping or anything then one day out the blue the dog snbapped at him.

Actually, your previous statement seemed to be suggesting that the reason you wouldn't mind if all dogs are killed, is simply because your not a dog lover.

Well so frickin what. There's many families out there who love their animals and would be terribly hurt and upset, not to mention traumatised, if suddenly their much loved pets were ordered dead.

Also...your assumption that all dogs are potential killers is based on nothing more than your own prejudices, misinformation and an insatiable desire to be unconventional. Grow up, do some research, and then come back with some mature arguments instead of this bollox ok?

Are you able to post a link budge to this story as I really would like to read it.

Right from when I was born we had dogs in the family. I annoyed him once, he snapped and bit me, I learned my lesson to respect animals from then on.

Not all dogs are killers, some just react to being teased and prodded.

Carina said:
What I think, that you can never forget, that the dog is an animal. I love dogs, but they are dogs, and you never know, what will get in their head.

Thats a sad fact. People treat dogs like people but they arent. They need to be treated with respect as an animal.

I dont agree that rottis should be culled and that all non working dogs should be culled. I find that statement to be quite bizarre.

no one will ever know what really happend because none of us were there, and the news wont reveal the full story, i dont think its fair that all dogs are tarred with the same brush either, its a tradgedy that a child has lost his life and i feel for all the family but not all dogs are evil

When I read the news report the parents/grandparents weren't mentioned at all so all I can assume is the dog was provoked, I understand a child was killed and am very upset by it and it makes me angry to think that this could have been stopped if maybe the children were being watched more carefully, I know when my brother was young he used to pull our cats by their tails, poke them in the eyes, lift them up when they didnt want to be, I know that a cats a different animal but it doesnt mean that a child is going to react differently to a dog. But as someone else has said we will never know the full story because we werent there so we can only speculate. I dont think its fair that the animal is being blamed though, just because they have big teeth and look harmful they arent always but an animal can never tell you how its feeling and im sure they have off days just like humans. I think it was an accident

i think that it all depends on how the dog is treated and how a dog is brought up. if a dog is brought up around small children its more unlikley that dog would ever attack a child. it depends on a dogs personallity and the way they have been trained. i do think if an animal has attacked anyone baby or adult they should be put down. but saying its because of a dogs breed that they are dangerous isnt true its the way they are treated because of what breed they are ive seen alot of staffs rotwilders and pitt bulls treated like sh*t so they can have them illegal fights and for the "protection" of there owner witch is stupid because if a dog is loved it shouldnt ever feel the need 2 attack with no reason. ive had all types of dogs since i was a baby and i have bnever been attack or seen my dog attack another. but having said that some dogs are mad in the head just like some human beings are mad in the head murding people for no reason.

Princess_Puddles said:
When I read the news report the parents/grandparents weren't mentioned at all so all I can assume is the dog was provoked, I understand a child was killed and am very upset by it and it makes me angry to think that this could have been stopped if maybe the children were being watched more carefully, I know when my brother was young he used to pull our cats by their tails, poke them in the eyes, lift them up when they didnt want to be, I know that a cats a different animal but it doesnt mean that a child is going to react differently to a dog. But as someone else has said we will never know the full story because we werent there so we can only speculate. I dont think its fair that the animal is being blamed though, just because they have big teeth and look harmful they arent always but an animal can never tell you how its feeling and im sure they have off days just like humans. I think it was an accident

well said i agree with you 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back