Another C Section Question - Stinging

frankie247

Reaction score
I had my op 6 days ago and whilst the scar itself doesn't seem to ache much and it's not red or inflamed, it stings really quite badly on the right end of the scar - at first I thought I had pulled stitches but they came out yesterday, the midwife said it all looked fine and yet I still get this stinging/burning pain but when I roll or get out of bed. Once I'm sat straight, although bent its fine and when I walk it's fine.

I thought at first it might be infected but no swelling, heat or temperature so not sure? Anyone experience something similar?

I god mine used to sting all the time. It's normal..... Well I hope it is! Lol

Yep I had this at one end, normal I think x

Don't suppose either of you can remember how long it lasted for? Or how long in general until you started feeling well

I had this too after all 3 of my c sections, pretty normal. Mine lasted a good few weeks, just keep up with your pain meds for at least 2 weeks, both paracetamol and ibuprofen/diclofenac.

My Midwife told me that one side is usually sorer than the other, the side that the surgeon works on - usually more bruised on that side too - so it could be that hun xxx

Yeah he was on the right side, so could explain it. Thanks for putting my mind at rest ladies x

Yeah its fine hun, I've had two sections now. This time its taking longer to heal on the outside or at least it feels like it too me since I had it come open twice now only superficial though I got doctor to check it out she said it would heal on its own. scared me though.

I had it on the right end really badly. So much so that I slept Sat up for a week and a half after having s.

The midwife said it is likely that its the side they pulled her out from.

I hope you are feeling ok hun, it can be such a hard recovery

Yeah I'm sleeping sitting up, which is uncomfortable in itself. I know I need to be kind to myself as its not been a week yet - but there is so much I want to do, I can't even pick her up at the moment

Its hard hun i know, i remember it so clearly.

Nobody knows unless you have been through it.

It really difficult not to get frustrated with myself. I remember at about 5 days after i led down flat and dh had to litterally pick me up off of the bed because i couldn't sit up it was so painful i asked him to call an abulence.

Do you have a V shaped pillow? It was a god send to me, I slept using it and loads of pillows underneath and it also helped me to feed S as i didn't have to hold her weight.

I was quite active and out walking to shops pushing pram within the week, I just kept taking painkillers. I didn't want the skin to get really tight so thought being mobile, albeit gently would help. Big knickers and maternity leggings were my best friends. Sometimes I'd get sharp pains but not for long, the subcutaneous nerves drive me mad for a bit as I felt like I was being given acupuncture :) the recovery I found was easy peasy and not half as bad as the professionals had said. I was so relieved not to be pregnant any more I felt like I could've danced the Riverdance and done the splits at the end :D

I was quite active and out walking to shops pushing pram within the week, I just kept taking painkillers. I didn't want the skin to get really tight so thought being mobile, albeit gently would help. Big knickers and maternity leggings were my best friends. Sometimes I'd get sharp pains but not for long, the subcutaneous nerves drive me mad for a bit as I felt like I was being given acupuncture :) the recovery I found was easy peasy and not half as bad as the professionals had said. I was so relieved not to be pregnant any more I felt like I could've danced the Riverdance and done the splits at the end :D

I'm booked in for an elective and at the start of this thread I was thinking 'oh shit.....' but thanks for your reply, maybe (hopefully) I'll be one of the lucky ones like you.

And to all the other ladies, hope it goes soon for you. Csection (elective or not) is most definitely not the easy option. Hate having to defend my reasons for having one! Xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back