Another breastfeeding thread.. surely not true?

SaraLouise

Reaction score
So me & Harrison are still breastfeeding/express feeding, and I'm pleased to say he has put on a lb since birth & he's now two weeks old.

Midwife said this was a brilliant gain especially considering all the problems we have had...

Anyway! I was talking to her about his wind, as he seems to have really quite bad wind even though his latch is good with the shields, and I asked her about using infacol. I asked her if it was the shields causing the wind, and she said that this is possible but unlikely if hes latching correctly.. she then noticed my glass of coke on the table, and asked me how much fizzy I drunk.. (dont judge me here..) but I drink tonnes, like probably at least 2 500ml bottles a day, and she said this was probably causing his wind?!

I thought she was talking rubbish, but today I have had no carbonated drinks atall and his wind has been so much better.

How bizarre?! I'm assuming its not he bubbles going into my milk, so must be the additives or something they use in them.

Anybody else have any experience with this?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Basically anything that can give you wind, can give LO wind.

Fizzy juice, sprouts, cabbage etc. x

Yep it all gets passed through, for me it's any acidic foods. Anything that can make you burp is likely to do the same to LO

I found my lo reacts to bananas a bit, if i have 2 say, he will be.more windy.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Yes definitely. Spicy foods, green veg also badly affected her wind. Now not so much. I would say for the first 12 weeks cut them out completely and then gradually start eating them. My lo is 23 weeks and it rarely affects her now.
Xxx

No one tells you these things! I feel bad now :(

When I first had a glass of coke my little girl really suffered the next day!

No one tells you these things! I feel bad now :(

I know, I learnt the hard way. I told my mum that my daughter was suffering really badly she said 'well what did you expect if you ate a curry?' Well not that! Then my mum gave me a list of all the 'no go's'

They should give you like a book when you leave hospital haha! X

Another thing they don't warn you about is the hideous 6 week growth spurt! You think there's something wrong with them because they are crying or feeding constantly! If I'd known it was that at the time it wouldve made me feel a lot better!
If that happens to you, keep going, the baby is just building up your supply!

I feel I need to warn all breast feeders about that!

Last edited:
Ah okay, good to know! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2