Annoying Constipation at 8 weeks!!!

KirstyH

Reaction score
Well I'm delighted to be 8 weeks on but OMG this second pregnancy has scared away the poo fairy!!! she hasn't visited for 4 days and I'm trying everything to coax her back! :lol:

I'm drinking plenty fluids and juices, have finer in my diet ( = more wind!) have been eating plums and apples, even tried a glass of yucky prune juice.. maybe I didn't have enough???

My Mum suggested Milk of Magnesia but not sure if its ok to have..

Any suggestions for what works best?? I'm tempted to have more prune juice and maybe the Milk of Magnesia as well !! getting desperate and have a day at home today so want something that works!!!

Any experiences??

I feel your pain my constipation has been awful it increased my nausea and has made me feel so sluggish! Your doing all the right things, i've been drinking lots of water, eating prunes :( recommended by my mum! increasing my fibre intake and the doctor prescribed me lactalose which i only take when things are really bad!!

I'm told once hormones settle down it shouldn't be as bad, I also eat little an often as i found big stodgy meals do not help, my wind has been ridiculous i'm lucky to still have a family living with me!!!!

Hope it eases up soon for you and the fairy visits :)

I was having pains on my right side i was sent to a and e and had an early scan to ectopic but it turns out it I was just very constipated! So embarrassed! My midwife was asking what i was eating etc and says i might have been eating too much bran, might have been making it worse! GP has now prescribed lactulose to help so im hoping it gets things moving!!

It is normal for a pregnant women to be constipated. Try to get your body more fluids especially taking lot of water. Along with water, you can take this Digestic by Mimonis, an herbal supplement used by my wife when she was constipated while conceiving our son. It works well with her and I am sure it will work with you also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back