annoyed

rach

Reaction score
omg im furious i went to my doctors on wednesday told him my period was late and that id done a test and it was positive and he said its far too early come back in 2 weeks if you still havent had period so i explained id done more than 1 test and they were all positive his answer was a lot of girls m/c early and theres no point doing anything yet :shock: no point in arguing he was a locum my doctor wasnt there cos hes on holiday
and he wont be back till week after next grrrrr
xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Rach,

That is disgusting of the locum to have that kind of view on pregnancy. what if a miscarriage does occur does this mean he wont log it on your records? because he has no record that you was pregnant. is he going to say you are just on a heavy period GRRRRRRRRRRRRR people like that really annoy me.
:evil:

can you not see another GP in the practice?

Thats terrible!

I did my positive test on the day my period was due and it was positive. I was in the doctors surgery literally three days later and the gp rang me back the very next day to confirm!

I think you have been treated badly and you should demand a second opinion, or maybe ask to see a different doctor.

:shock:

Know how you feel Rach. I went at 6 weeks to docs to say preg. He told me to come back in two weeks as there was nothing at the moment he could do!!! He did give me some vitamins and iron called pregnacare I think but when I read them they are for people who are 13+ weeks preg and they advised not to take them before this time. So I have just carried on taking folic acid and I am going back for blood tests and booking in to be done on Wed when I will be 8 + 1 preg.

Hiya rach....that's terrible! That doctors attitude is inexcusable hun, especially the comment about miscarriage, like we dont worry about that enough! If i were you, i would lodge a formal complaint with your gp surgery and either ask to see another doctor or wait until your own comes back.
hope you're feeling a little bit better :wink:

take care, luv kels xx

its awful isnt it im going to put in a complaint about him next time i go doctors i was really upset especially seens as he said about m/c what a stinking attitude to have am going to phone doctors on monday and make appointment with the female gp there hopefully things will go better with her.
i was so excited about being pg and getting confirmed by doctors it really took the wind out of my sails :(
grrrrrrrrr old school doctors :evil:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with everyone else! Even tho I dont know what a Locum is! :D You still haven't been treated that way and I would definately see about seeing someone else! It doesn't matter how many m/c early you aren't them nor should you be treated as if you are a statistic!!! I would go above his head! (if that possible) :wink:

Let us know!

xoxo Ree

sorry ree hun a locum is a doctor who fills in while your doctor is ill or away they are not based anywhere just go and fill in wherever they are needed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK gotcha! Sorry I am in the states so I get a little confused! But I would say that's even more of a reason to demand to see someone else!

xoxo Ree

Thats an awful attitude to have, yes i am sure some people have early miscarriages but hey does that mean everyone should be put in that bracket just incase?!!!!! Discusting ask to see another GP, i have been told time and time again by my books, midwife, doctor, hospital, fertility clinic that the earlier antinatal care starts the better. for both the mother and baby.

Tell them you want to see another doctor, lodge a complain, and vote with your feet if they dont listen.

I will personally give you the congrats you GP should have done, which is the responce i got when i told mine, CONGRATULATIONS and happy healthy nine months! :D

Thats terrible - that should have been such a special appointment for you - full of congratulations and well dones etc.

I would most definately lodge a serious complaint and make sure he / she doesn't get away with it.

Hi Rach,

Sorry to hear about your experience at the dr's. Don't let him take the shine of what has been a really exciting week for you, and keep on taking care of yourself. You shouldn't have to justify why you have made your appointment, you are not stupid and you have checked and re-checked the result loads of times, he sounds useless to me, make another appointment like you plan to and make sure they know at the surgery what has gone on - you go girl!!

Gosh Rach he sounds like a complete idiot!!!
Make sure you complain. How dare he!! :evil:

Hope you are getting used to the idea of being pregnant. Do you 'feel' pregnant yet?

Love and Hugs
Sam xx

i know, think im still in shock :evil:
yeah starting to feel pregnant now :D extremely tired all time back and for toilet and now starting to feel sick for some reason when i smell coffee which i love normally :D
its so funny i must be the only person i know whos sick and smiling :shock:
xxxxxxxxxxx

update-
phoned doctors this morning spoke to the clinic manager who was disgusted by the locums attitude and will be putting a formal complaint in
and who made me an appointment for this thursday with midwife even though will only be 5 weeks to do all the booking forms etc dont need to get it confirmed with doctor as ive done so many tests unless i want to so only need to see doctor if i have any worries or health problems.
im glad i complained they were very appologetic and couldnt be more helpful :D so heres to my first appointment :D
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats!! on your "offical" midwife appt.!! :D :D

xoxo Ree

My GP was happy to see me early in pregnancy and wanted to send off a urine sample to confirm my pregnancy even though I'd all ready done 3 positive tests. They got back to me within 2 days but they wouldn't register me with the midwife until I was a least 10 weeks because of the miscarriage rate and if I had miscarried in that time frame then the GP and/or hospital would have treated me. I guess they just try and save time and money where ever they can at our expense.
Glad to hear your on the right road now though Rach. We all get there in the end xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back