Announcements?

AngelLily

Reaction score
Last cycle me and OH told our parents, siblings and even friends as soon as I got my BFP which sadly ended in a chemical.

Thankfully, we've caught again the next cycle, I'm on CD28 14DPO with no bleeding and very strong lines, therefore no chemical! I'm desperate to tell me parents, I've already secretly told my sister but OH wants to wait until next sunday! I'll be five weeks then, but I want to tell them in 2-3 days then we can get the ball rolling with doctor appointments and midwife appointments! I don't want to go through these appointments without my parents and OH's mother! I just want to tell the people close to us, everyone else will find out at the 10-12 week scan

When did you ladies announce your pregnancy? xxx

I'm very close to my mum so I told her as soon as I got the positive. After a few days I ended up telling close family and my managers at work. My OHs mum is one of the managers and she told everyone at work and it seems to have spread quite a bit. I regret it t be honest and if I was to go back I wouldn't have told as many as I did before my Scan.

I just tell my closest people as soon as I get a positive. Just so I have the support I need/needed through the scary times and last year when I miscarried.

Told my OH, my mum and my dad. Just tell who you trust and would need for support if anything was to happen.
& like I said first trimester is scary and it's nice someone your very close to knows so they can help you.
My mum has been a god send. It helps she's been through it all too :)

Then announced baby online once I had my 12 week scan :) xx

Not announced yet and won't do until twelve weeks!

My parents know an old friend knows and a girl on my Facebook knows by accident cause I was meant to post my scan picture on a pregnancy group and posted it on my profile. I wanted to announce it last night as I had a scan at 10+4 yesterday and baby was fine but my sons dad/ bumps dad is being really horrible again so I've decided wait until my dating scan which is 2 weeks today plus ill be 13 weeks nearly so I'm counting the days now :) xx

We've told both sets of parents, oh's sister, my best friend and I've just told my boss today. Was a huge relief telling these people as I feel I have the support we both need for the next 6 weeks or so until I have may scan.

After scan and everything is definitely confirmed we'll tell everyone else.

We have told my parent's (don't speak to OH parent's) and my sister and her husband. That is it until we get out 12 week scan especially after having to have an early scan this week at almost 9 weeks due to some bleeding. Once we get the 12 week scan we will let everyone know.

Tri hopping! We told our parents straight away and I told my best friend (well she guessed!) and that was it until after the guest scan. By that point I was bursting to tell everone!! X

We told parents and brothers right away, thought if I had another mmc I would want our closest to know and have their support. We agreed not to tell anyone else until after 12 WK scan. BUT.......then dh has slowly managed to tell about three people in the pub, I had to tell work, another 3 have guessed, oh well!! Sure its round the whole village now!

Sent from my Nexus 7

I told my sisters, dad and close friends straight away. I'm glad I did as when I miscarried, my friends picked up the slack with picking up and dropping of kids etc. I'm only just 4 weeks now and I've told all the same people. With exception of my dad. He was over from NZ visiting during the weeks leading up to the managed miscarriage and also during, so he was quite upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back