Annonymous reporting of tax credit fraud, would you?

ss79

Reaction score
Just been reading another thread about tax credit going down and how one persons friend is claiming as a single mother when she is actually married. meaning she gets more than she should.

To be honest this really really annoys me, same as people who don't pay tax at all. I hate paying tax but I have too so don't see why I should when others defraud and lie to the government to get out of it. :wall2:

Just wondering if anyone ever has or ever would report frausters or those claiming what they shouldnt be. Most gov depts have annonymous lines where you can.

to be honest i wudnt do it, as it wud prob come back and bite me in the butt lol!

I'd prob say the same as above.
tho if someone is married I'd be surprised they didn't notice themselves.
Also, people paying no tax at all? As in people not working/low income, or people doing cash in hand?
X

I'd like to say that I would, but i have no idea if I would actually have the bottle! It's quite sad that isn't it, that's probably why so many people get away with it! If everyone was honest, taxes would probably be lower and benefits for people who actually need them would probably be higher. X

That's true zazu. I just can't see it happening tho. I'd be petrified the person would find out it's me x

I shopped my SIL's SIL if that makes sence, my hubbys sisters bfs brothers gf, confusin i kno, she was earnin more bein a benefit fraud than i do workin 37hrs a week earnin £17k!!

She was claimin to be single n livin on her own with her lil girl, yet she was livin with her bf & lil girl claimin housin benefit n rentin her house out for more than she was payin, oh n claimin benefits for lookin after her ill dad, who actualy lived in turkey, talk about takin the p*ss!! I was quite pleased wen she got caught actually cos she had no idea who it was,
Her bf works cash in hand n sge happily will go on yhe steel from shops in town to order for her mates!!

So normally i prob wouldnt shop them, but she is just so unreal i felt i had too, partly cos she brags so much!

X

some benifits are actually taxable benifit too so im guessing buy that means that they are paying tax in someway or another

I shopped my SIL's SIL if that makes sence, my hubbys sisters bfs brothers gf, confusin i kno, she was earnin more bein a benefit fraud than i do workin 37hrs a week earnin £17k!!

She was claimin to be single n livin on her own with her lil girl, yet she was livin with her bf & lil girl claimin housin benefit n rentin her house out for more than she was payin, oh n claimin benefits for lookin after her ill dad, who actualy lived in turkey, talk about takin the p*ss!! I was quite pleased wen she got caught actually cos she had no idea who it was,
Her bf works cash in hand n sge happily will go on yhe steel from shops in town to order for her mates!!

So normally i prob wouldnt shop them, but she is just so unreal i felt i had too, partly cos she brags so much!

X

how did she get away with claiming for her dad who lived away when i claimed cares allowance for my cousin he had to go for a medical and attend the appointment too make sure he was real i cant see her being able to set up a claim if he lived abroad she must of faked someone to be her dad for her to get it plus theyd check tht he was getting dla and stuff if he was ill that is mad lol but at least she got caught out in the end i know a few people who do bits of work on the side and claim benifits my ex mother in law fakes there something wrong with her and her and a husband get everything 2 lots of dla income support and stuff they even have a little boy living with them. my dad is the same he gets benifits and do print work for some locals if they need it he does get a bit of money on the side when e does it i have thought about reporting them but im to scared case they find out my sister and her hubby got done for benifit fraud a few times for housing and income support an they also work on the side too her husband does the shows that go around its a piss take really heres me i do live on my own my income support has gone down to 70 quid a fort night and i get child tax at 50 quid a week and child benifit at 20 quid i dont like claiming benifits but as there no jobs in my area and traveling and childcare would be expensive theres no other way i can do it me and amy dad cant afford to move in together as his wage wont cover rent or his travelling to work its sucks an on top of that my rent gone up from 450 to 525 a month

X

how did she get away with claiming for her dad who lived away when i claimed cares allowance for my cousin he had to go for a medical and attend the appointment too make sure he was real i cant see her being able to set up a claim if he lived abroad she must of faked someone to be her dad for her to get it plus theyd check tht he was getting dla and stuff if he was ill that is mad lol but at least she got caught out in the end i know a few people who do bits of work on the side and claim benifits my ex mother in law fakes there something wrong with her and her and a husband get everything 2 lots of dla income support and stuff they even have a little boy living with them. my dad is the same he gets benifits and do print work for some locals if they need it he does get a bit of money on the side when e does it i have thought about reporting them but im to scared case they find out my sister and her hubby got done for benifit fraud a few times for housing and income support an they also work on the side too her husband does the shows that go around its a piss take really heres me i do live on my own my income support has gone down to 70 quid a fort night and i get child tax at 50 quid a week and child benifit at 20 quid i dont like claiming benifits but as there no jobs in my area and traveling and childcare would be expensive theres no other way i can do it me and amy dad cant afford to move in together as his wage wont cover rent or his travelling to work its sucks an on top of that my rent gone up from 450 to 525 a month

ive no idea how she managed to do it, shes a lying cheat so ur probs right n paid some random ill person to pretend to be her dad, lol

xxx

I definately would... if they wrote off the fraud.

I know that sounds crazy, but if they would just tell them what they did was wrong and keep a close eye on them in future so that they didn't do it again.

I mean, if the money is gone then the money is gone but i think people allow it to continue because they don't want them to be in serious trouble.

Especially regarding relatives.

I am aware of a situation where someone is claiming money they aren't entitled to.

They are trying to make their life better, not just sitting on their arse at home, they are trying to educate themselves and get a good job but they are with someone whose income effects their benefits because they should be supporting them but the partner doesn't.

I'm just saying it isn't all black and white when you care about someone and i wish they would take away the penalties.

That's true Louise. Def not always black and White.
Now, I know this is a poor example but things like the EMA or student finance being based on parents income. Just coz a parent is well off doesn't mean they will pay to put their child through education. My dad earnt more than the cut off, but is an arse and would never have helped. Also, they class u as a child until ur 25! What 24 year old is that dependent on they parents? Te only reason I got help when i was at Uni is because I was classed as independent because I had a child! X

That's true Louise. Def not always black and White.
Now, I know this is a poor example but things like the EMA or student finance being based on parents income. Just coz a parent is well off doesn't mean they will pay to put their child through education. My dad earnt more than the cut off, but is an arse and would never have helped. Also, they class u as a child until ur 25! What 24 year old is that dependent on they parents? Te only reason I got help when i was at Uni is because I was classed as independent because I had a child! X

yes as most still live with there parents as its cheaper they say theres more affordable housing out there but there isnt. it is wrong to do any kind of benifit fraud and can mean time in prison or they end up mking you pay it back but it doesnt stop them from doing it again aswell

Yup I heard about a woman on watch dog or something like that, who was made to pay it back in her own name, but they didn't realise she hD claims under other peoples names too.
See EMA, yeah most live at home, but the kids who get EMA, it's not like they use it to buy their own food, and I don't know anyone who lived at home while at Uni..
Now yeah some parents will help a lot, but some not at all!
I know this isn't benefits lol. Sorry just went off on a tangent a bit x

I would shop them without a doubt. Ive worked from being 15 years old and paid my taxes and Ive only ever claimed benefits once when I moved from Hull to Leeds and had to leave my job and find another. I loathe people who scam the benefits system and live off the state. I know jobs are hard to find and life can be expensive but people who do things like that infuriate me. SHOP THEM ALL I say.

definately definately definately. I have no problem with the benefit system, members of my family really need it and Im happy that my tax money goes towards helping people who need it. What really REALLY winds me up are people who think they are somehow special and deserve more money than everyone else or shouldnt have to work like everyone else when given the chance. If I hear one more person say "its my right" I might decapitate them. how about some gratitude that we live in a country with a benefit system and we're not left to starve :roll:

*steps off soapbox*

Last edited:
That's so true. I think I would actually. But I don't think I actually know anyone who receives any benefits... except us!
X

I don't know if I would shop them or not, I think it depends on how easy it would be to tell that it were me that did the shopping!! Many years ago I lived underneath a guy who didn't work, spent most of the day and night drunk and was clearly living off the state. Every couple of weeks (presumably to sign on?) he would disappear out of his flat and go off down the road with his walking stick in hand. I never saw him use it, I'm guessing he was claiming some kind of disability and had to keep up the pretence! His flat was repossessed in the end so I didn't have to worry about him for long, but if I were in the same situation now I like to think I would tell someone. I've never claimed one penny off the state (apart from child benefit once C was born) and hope I never have to, but understand that sometimes people need help, but I don't like it when people take the piss.

When I say benefits, I don't mean income support or stuff. Bot thy I have a problem when people nee it, I've had it edits. But now it's top up benefits, ie wtc, ctc etc
Sorry just feel like had to explain. I despise bing on benefits because of the stigma attached to it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back