Ankle and feet edema

love87

Reaction score
Anybody got massive feet swelling? My poor feet are enormous. How do I get them down? They are so uncomfortable. Was at clinic yesterday and they did not seem worried as my BP is ok. Little higher than normal but not dangerously high. No protein in urine or anything like that but my feet are really worrying me. Never seen them so big. :(

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Sounds uncomfortable! Keep them raised if you can and take it easy... try to raise them so they're higher than your hips. I have swollen ankles too (not sure if as bad as yours but my socks are cutting into them!) worse after dog walks, and the raising seems to help. Was my mother's suggestion lol
Keep an eye on things though and do keep getting checked if it gets worrying ;-)

Ooh - also feet in cool water - my partner keeps using the baby bath to do me a cold foot bath haha - forgot about that one!

If you have a birthing ball then try sitting on the couch with your feet up on it....I did this last time when I was watching telly at night and it helped loads xx

Thanks ladies. They are just so big and uncomfortable. I do try to keep them elevated as much as possible. Shoes don't fit anymore, I'm living in flip flops. And I got my first leg cramp of this pregnancy last night. :(

I feel your pain as I have the same.
My left ankle is so bad and looks horrendous.

I'm trying to keep them elevated but it's so hard when I'm still working.
Even overnight I find they haven't gone down properly.

Your a good few weeks ahead of me. When did yours start? xx

Mine started 2 weeks ago. Mine do not go down at night either, even when I wake they are still huge... I had it last time too but not this bad.

I had this on the left side of my body (where baby is laying) literally went away 24 hours after starting Mat leave so I do suggest trying to stay off your feet and elevating them.

If you can stick two pillows under your feet at night so get a good 6-9hours of them being higher than your body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back