Animals

amelia_23

Reaction score
I know this is a strange one, but I didn't really know where else to turn. I'm after some advice on dealing with the death of my dog. She died at the weekend and I've had her for 14 years and i feel like I've lost my best friend. I keep looking around the house expecting to see her appear looking for some attention and now the house seems empty :(

Oh sweetheart, have a :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss.

Go to the Blue Cross website and you will find a number for the Pet Bereavement Support Service. They are specially trained to help people who a grieveing from the loss of a pet.

They bring us so much while they are here but truly break our hearts when they leave us.

:hug:

XX

Sorry to hear about you loss. Losing a pet is horrid.

I'd be bereft if anything happened to my Amber (cat).

We had my childhood cat put to sleep when she was 19... I was 21 at the time and had been with my cat since I was a baby. I was heartbroken and my poor Mum didn't get another cat for a decade :shock:

I would def have a look at some support websites for pet bereavement and talk to friends and family.

I know it is little consolation but I am sure your dog died happy and knowing they were so loved.

Hugs

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear that you've lost your wee dog :( It's not a strange one hun. I don't know how I'll deal with this situation when the time comes for my two little girls to go. They've helped me through some harsh times.

They become a huge part of your life and its not easy losing them. I really don't have any advice hunnie as I've never lost a dog of my own, my two are my first even though I grew up with family dogs I don't ever remember us losing one...I was always told that they had to go live with someone else because we couldn't look after them anymore. Whether that was true or a cover up to save the kids' feelings I don't know.

I really feel for you :hug: Is there anyone in your family you can talk to about this? I know some people think oh it's only a dog but that's so not the case. It's your best friend and companion. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back