Angus cactus q

Crinkles90

Reaction score
Hey ladies.. I tend to lurk more than post these days as we can't ttc until my cycles return.

I've read online that Angus cactus can help kick start things so I've now got some :) wondered if anyone has any experience using it?

I'm crossing all fingers and toes that this actually works!

Thank you x

I took ac for a few months. My cycles were very erratic and long following a mc 6 months previously so I figured it was worth a try. Within 5 weeks of starting to take it I finally got AF, then I had cycles falling in the 'normal' range for the next 5 or so cycles. Then they went nuts again and so I stopped taking it. I don't know if it did make a difference and if it did I don't know why it suddenly stopped working again. If you cycles are erratic and you aren't taking any other fertility meds then I think it is worth a try. If you have regular cycles then steer clear!

I used it after coming off the depo. I have heard people saying after using it their periods came back within 2 or 3 months.

I stopped taking it after about a month and a half, no reason I just got bad at remembering. I've started again (just the past couple of days) no sign of period yet but I did start AC straight away whereas I think some others had been off the depo a little before taking it and like I say, I have had a break in taking it too.

I'd advise (as with anything really) using it with caution... I used it a few cycles ago as I thought I'd give it a whirl and it ended up making me 5 days early and days late the next. Ended up throwing my blood tests off.

I guess I'd be worried if it did more harm than good and it delayed them further. Have you talked to your GP? I once was given tablets to start mine after they stopped for 4 months.

It was a bit stop start at first but after a few months they were back to their pattern again x

Last edited:
Hello
I got some of these and it didn't do much... I then made a dr app for absent periods and she said to avoid all herbal pills so I won't be taking them again! I had a blood test yesterday so will get the results next week. Your better going to the Drs getting bloods rather than put herbal remedies In your body.

X

I took them way back when I first started TTC and they did nothing for me. But I knew a couple of ladies who used to post that both got bfps after using it to regulate their cycles. It's one of those things, for every "success" story there's someone it didn't work for. It doesn't itself bring bfps but it is meant to help regulate the cycle. I don't think you'll find many doctors who will approve of using any herbal remedy to regulate your cycle because sometimes it has the opposite effect and throws them further out of whack and could affect blood test results because the hormonal levels won't be what they are usually because of the AC.
I threw mine away, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back